Spicy Fried Chicken .....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Spicy Fried Chicken ..... Reply with quote

This Recipe is from one of my fave cookbooks ..... Hot and Spicy by Linda Fraizer

every recipe I have ever tried from it .....Is Perfect Very Happy No changes needed .....A Student I used to live next door to gave me the book ...when he realized I could cook and he couldn't Smile trust me I fed him for ages till he moved away Very Happy ....

what U need ....

8 pieces of chicken or a whole chicken Cut into pieces (I normally use drumsticks )
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp of garlic salt
1/2 tsp of black pepper
1/2 tsp of paprika
1/2 tsp of crushed red peppers
1 1/2 cups of milk
oil for deep frying
4 tbls plain flour
salt

what to do ......

place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and sprinkle all the above spices over the top ....Rub well into the chicken ...then cover and place in fridge for a couple of hours or overnight ......

preheat the oven to 350f pour enough milk into the bowl to cover chicken ...and leave to stand for another 15 Min's .....

Heat the oil in a large saucepan or deep fat fryer...and tip the flour on a plate ....shake off excess milk..dip each piece of chicken in flour and fry 2 or 3 pieces until golden but not cooked ......cont till all chicken is fried ......

place all chicken pieces on a baking tray ...... and bake for about 30 Min's ...serve hot or cold ....with a Salad ..... and most of all enjoy Very Happy

of course u can add any spices u want to this .....its delish and easy ......

sorry no pics today Smile
luke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i shouldn't have looked at this recipe this early - i fancy it for breakfast now! food my bit of toast seems somewhat crap now

whats crushed red peppers though? like a powder/granule form like paprika? i shall be checking the spice rack when i next go shopping

mmm spicy fried chicken cheerleader

thanks aja Very Happy
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds a lot easier than I thought it would be.. I'll definitely give it a try
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: