Man Puts Baby In Dryer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cat21

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEf its not so much thay they were low income...the area has a reputation for being full of drug dealers, gangs etc. The Government thought that making a little 'conclave' where people on the dole and other welfare recipients could all hang out together was a marvellous soci-economic decision....as they could all use peer support and things would be fine.

Well they DO support themselves...and peer support means sharing the drugs. My sister was housed there by the government at one stage (reduced rental housing) and she begged us to help her move out because her next-door-but-one neighbour volunteered to babysit her kids (3 yrs old and 14 months old), and fed the 3yo a laced biscuit...she ended up in hospital and my sisiter nearly lost her kids because of someone else's madness.

Hell 'I' am a low income earner...I officially earn about 150 per week under the poverty line...but hubby and I managed to raise 2 kids and keep them healthy and safe, so money or lack of it isn't the issue.

What is the issue in that area is that it seems to be accepted to partake of drugs and alcohol, damn the kids or anyone else, and when things like this happen they all tut-tut and make promises to change things....but it never happens Smile

Hell sorry to make an essay of this...I am just as big a monetary struggler or at least have been as these people and I've never done anything that stupid to harm a child.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: