'Lefties - Balls of Steel'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: 'Lefties - Balls of Steel' Reply with quote

This 3 part series has just started on BBC4 and is going through all 3 episodes. It's a study of left wing politics in the 70s and looks like it could be good.

I'll post it up tomorrow if it's any cop in the end.
luke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've just watched the first two, they were ok, interesting, but as you'd expect from the bbc it presents a very narrow view of what they think is 'left', and it kinda presents it like the left failed and isn't relevant today
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that's the impression I've had too - but there has been some great footage all the same. I squatted for a while in a place like Villa Road in the late 80s (Flaxman Terrace in King's Cross) so it was interesting to see where that kind of place had developed from.

I ended up knackering my recordings all the way through so far because of setting things up, so I'm hoping this has been captured elsewhere for the archive...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: