Weight Loss Challenge!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Colston!
Colston

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sport Relief three miles today...

Fattest runner in the west...

Being beaten by little girls...

There were a couple of inclines on each of the six laps that did my legs... and so I finished the three miles in forty seven minutes
Colston

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrap that… Okay bit of a cock up there… I ran six miles not three. Thought my time was way off. I did six laps of what I thought was a half mile lap but it turns out it was a mile. Silly bastard. I was really quite disappointed after having run 3 miles in half an hour a few times.

I put my running watch in my computer and it revealed I’d run a lot further than I thought and then I checked the course distance. I’ve really no idea why I thought it was a half mile lap. So my new running pace was 9.88 km/hour for the 54 minute duration. That come sin at under six miles but I guess the course isn’t entirely accurate. My total distance was 8.9 km.
luke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fair play colston, i bet that was some hard work

i can't even remember the last time i ran!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAY TO GO!!! That is SO AWESOME, Colston! I am really impressed. I have been so far off the wagon the last couple of weeks, I can't even see it anymore, but tomorrow starts anew...hope springs eternal!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job colston - you look noticably thinner compared to the last photo I saw of you.
Colston

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Good job colston - you look noticably thinner compared to the last photo I saw of you.

I'm getting there... 2.5 stone done 5.5 to go.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Colston! That's some accomplishment indeed!!! (my heel spurs hurt just "thinking" about running let alone doing it!)
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job indeed Colston! Most impressed.
Like Spurs, I've been off the wagon recently but I hopped back on last Friday.
Twirley

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic Colston! I am not a runner, but I do admire people who are. Keep up the good work. You've inspired me to go hit the gym! :-)
Stones

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The girl kicking your ass makes it look easy! You're doing well though dude, 2.5 stone is awesome.

Where are you in those pics? Also, good to know what you look like so me and Juamei can cheer you on in the half marathon.
Colston

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stones wrote:
The girl kicking your ass makes it look easy! You're doing well though dude, 2.5 stone is awesome.

Where are you in those pics? Also, good to know what you look like so me and Juamei can cheer you on in the half marathon.

By the Cathedral.... you from Bristol?
Stones

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not originally but we've lived here for the last 2 years now. I think it's been my favourite place to live so far, probably because of the cider.
Colston

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stones wrote:
Not originally but we've lived here for the last 2 years now. I think it's been my favourite place to live so far, probably because of the cider.

Not sure if it still exists but the Coronation Tap in Clifton used to be a fine establishment for the cider connoisseur...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google Girth! Obese Bob sheds third of body weight after spotting his huge stomach on Street View
15th November 2010

An obese man was shocked into losing a third of his bodyweight after catching sight of himself on Google Street View. Bob Mewse, 56, ballooned to 21st 3lb after years of feeding his sweet tooth with cakes, crisps and biscuits. But he was stunned when he saw himself side-on on Google Street View in November last year and decided to get in shape.

Mr Mewse lost seven stone - the equivalent of 49 bags of sugar - following drastic changes to his diet and a strict regime of exercise. He is now a svelte 14 stone.

The 'shocking' photograph captured Mr Mewse standing on the pavement opposite an Asda filling station wearing a tent-like grey shirt. Mr Mewse, of Longwell Green, Bristol, said: 'I was horrified when I saw that photograph. I was massive. My belly was sticking out and I looked huge. I'd been thinking about losing weight for some time but after seeing that picture, I knew that I actually had to do something about it.

'I was in such bad condition that I was unable to walk and talk at the same time. My blood pressure was sky-high and I was getting back problems due to the excess weight I was carrying around.'

Mr Mewse was so large that he had to travel 30 miles to Weston-super-Mare to get clothes that fitted him. Doctors classed him as morbidly obese after he piled on the pounds gorging on cakes, crisps, biscuits and takeaway foods like ready meals with a high sugar and salt content. After being jolted into action by the image, Mr Mewse joined gym and cut out the fatty intake in favour of healthier foods such as salads, fruits, fibrous vegetables, and protein-rich foods.

A personal trainer designed an exercise programme for three days each week to run in conjunction with his new eating plan and the weight began dropping away. Will McCullough, of Fitness First Health Club, praised Mr Mewse for his determination and said he was an example for anyone who wanted to lose weight. Mr McCullogh said: 'Bob believed that because he was a vegetarian and in his mid-50s that the odds were stacked against him and he was beyond help. But fair play to him, he's stuck with the programme we gave him and followed it to the letter to reach his target weight, which is fantastic.'

Mr Mewse added: 'If I can do this, anybody can - I'm just an ordinary bloke. I feel much healthier now.'

-----------------------

Google girth... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: