Wimbledon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Wimbledon Reply with quote

I just turned the telly on and I see that BBC1's been hijacked by the tennis. I would probably have been more annoyed if the first scene I saw wasn't of the crowd sat in the pouring rain, waiting for something to happen - get it up ye's!

nyer
luke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing not a fan of tennis then faceless? i'm not - mind you i don't really like any sport - not watching it, i don't mind playing, but watching other people - i don't get it Confused

i kinda gathered it must be that time of year from all the strawberrys my housemate has been bringing back with her everyday Laughing strawberrys i like Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't actually mind tennis when it's a good game, it's the BBC insisting on giving so much time that gets on my nerves (and I wanted to watch Neighbours damn it!! haha)
Bob

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe...I rather like the old tennis, do miss the light hearted humour of it, because it's taken so much more serious over here in the states
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I don't actually mind tennis when it's a good game, it's the BBC insisting on giving so much time that gets on my nerves (and I wanted to watch Neighbours damn it!! haha)

Happens to us over here as well. And it makes no sense to me. The time the devote to it on TV is mad. I can't imagine that many housewives over here want to watch that instead of the daytime soaps it interrupts!
Ash

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like tennis, along with Football (it's not soccer! grr.), Cricket. I played cricket for almost 4-5 years while in the high school- was a medium pace bowler. I really miss those days Sad

I'm begiining to like Rugby as well. But I haven't got clue about the rules.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash wrote:
I like tennis, along with Football (it's not soccer! grr.), Cricket. I played cricket for almost 4-5 years while in the high school- was a medium pace bowler. I really miss those days Sad

I'm begiining to like Rugby as well. But I haven't got clue about the rules.

It's not that I don't like tennis, but in all honesty watching it on television, especially for hours, just does my head in. It's like watching golf or fishing on tv, I can't see the point.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash wrote:
I like tennis, along with Football (it's not soccer! grr.),

I am with you, Ash, I hate the "S" word...
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to really enjoy Wimbledon and used to watch all of it, strawberries in hand, but all of the personality of tennis has gone right out of the window. I hated Pete Sampras and his ace, ace, ace, ace, game...ace, ace, ace, ace, game and his knuckles dragging on the ground. The volley portion of serve and volley has completely disappeared. Now, I haven't watched in a while and maybe some of that has come back, but I doubt is. Women's tennis is even worse. Not only is it boring, but you can't (or more specifically, I can't) watch them just 'cause they are cute or have a great bum! Bring back Nastase and Connors!
Ash

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of uncles was saying to me that Arsenal and spurs fans don't lik each other. i think i'm gonna wind him up next time around. I love doing that to my cousins Laughing
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash wrote:
one of uncles was saying to me that Arsenal and spurs fans don't lik each other. i think i'm gonna wind him up next time around. I love doing that to my cousins Laughing

I think don't like each other is putting it WAY too mildly. The hatred is so deep that I very rarely wear red, unless it has something patriotic on it, I will cheer for any team that is playing them, even ManUre and I will never own a gun (they are called the Gooners, oh, I mean Gunners because of the gunnery arsenal tie in)!! Since they have moved sites for their pitch, we won't have to worry about this anymore, but it used to be that on the way to White Hart Lane to see Spurs matches, we would have to keep our coats closed, banners folded up and hats off while going thru the Arsenal station on the tube. They don't like us much either and it was just safer.

So which ones are the Spurs supporters, uncle or cousins? Or are they Gooners?

NEVER RED!! COYS!!
Ash

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that means argue Laughing

they are all over the place..that uncle (amongst many) likes arsenal. He (my cousin) likes spurs and his brother is a liverpool fan... I always support the underdog, provided they don't play rubbish. cunning

gooners!! Laughing
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash wrote:
that means argue Laughing

they are all over the place..that uncle (amongst many) likes arsenal. He (my cousin) likes spurs and his brother is a liverpool fan... I always support the underdog, provided they don't play rubbish. cunning

gooners!! Laughing

Well to the Arsenal uncle, "See ya next season, Mate! We will wave on our way past you in the table", to the Spurs cousin "Come On You SPURS!!" and to the Liverpool cousin, not sure what to say to him...I just feel sorry for him!
Laughing
GingerTruck

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find tennis quite relaxing to watch just like snooker
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm enjoying the Henin vs Williams game. Hope Williams wins, but the Williams sisters have seemed to have lost their touch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: