Quick cucumber salad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Quick cucumber salad Reply with quote

If you want to look like you've worked really hard to make a super great salad, it's pretty easy. One of my favorites is a cucumber salad. And it's great on a summer's day or night!

Salad dressing-Italian or balsamic vinaigrette (you can use other's if you like, but I have found these work best. Both bottled and homemade).
Cucumber-skinned or unskinned. Thinly sliced.

In a bowl place the thinly sliced cucumber and drizzle about two tablespoons of dressing on top. Toss. If you want to add more, go for it. Cover and chill for an hour or overnight. The cucumber soaks in the dressing and tastes, fresh, cool and crisp.

You can also add sliced tomato and green onions.

I like this salad because it's simple and isn't overwhelming with tastes. It's nice and cool and refreshing.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Sky, this sounds awesome. I have a cuke in the fridge, I think I will try it tonight.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Wow, Sky, this sounds awesome. I have a cuke in the fridge, I think I will try it tonight.

Hey, I can quote myself...cool. Anyway, I tried this tonight with a Weight Watchers twist. I sliced the cucumber and used the spray fat free Italian dressing. Tasted yummy and didn't cost me any points! Love those pointless dishes...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:

Hey, I can quote myself...cool. Anyway, I tried this tonight with a Weight Watchers twist. I sliced the cucumber and used the spray fat free Italian dressing. Tasted yummy and didn't cost me any points! Love those pointless dishes...

That's a good idea you have there Spurs. I'll have to give it a go myself! thumbs
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:

That's a good idea you have there Spurs. I'll have to give it a go myself! thumbs

It does sound like a good idea.... I have the Asian spray dressing and I think that might give it a bit of a different flavour.... with it being 34 Celsius here today (and likely tomorrow), I'm all for something I don't have to cook!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Skylace wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:

It does sound like a good idea.... I have the Asian spray dressing and I think that might give it a bit of a different flavour.... with it being 34 Celsius here today (and likely tomorrow), I'm all for something I don't have to cook!

I hear that! I just saw a commercial that they have come out with 4 new flavors of the spray salad dressing (I am not sure if the Asian one is a new on or an old one), but it might be worth looking into.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
eefanincan wrote:
Skylace wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:

I hear that! I just saw a commercial that they have come out with 4 new flavors of the spray salad dressing (I am not sure if the Asian one is a new on or an old one), but it might be worth looking into.

I think they have a different name in the states than here in Canada..... but I'm sure you can find it. It's really quite yummy and I find them the perfect size to fit in my lunch bag to take to work.
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sky this recipe give me so many ideas. You could serve a number of things on top of this, as in serving something on a bed of rice. I'm thinking layer it on a platter and serve roasted chicken on it. Way cute presentation.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11antoniacourt wrote:
Sky this recipe give me so many ideas. You could serve a number of things on top of this, as in serving something on a bed of rice. I'm thinking layer it on a platter and serve roasted chicken on it. Way cute presentation.

Mmmm...that sounds yummy!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
11antoniacourt wrote:

Mmmm...that sounds yummy!

That really does and I love taking things and giving them a new twist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: