National Lottery protesters!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: National Lottery protesters!!! Reply with quote

I managed to snag just the end of this bit from tonight's National Lottery show - I think it's Fathers 4 Justice people protesting, but I'm not sure...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of any of this. Why are they protesting?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're protesting against the courts not giving them reasonable access to their children, while still making them pay for their support.

That's the simple answer really... there's a lot more to each case obviously, but there's no doubt that some are getting a really shitty deal.

www.fathers4justice.org

Of course, I'm still not 100% if it is actually them who did the protest.

One thing I noticed particularly about it though was the female presenter grabbing the stage-person by the arm and telling her to "get lost". You often hear about "stars" being up themselves, but to catch one at it live on peak time viewing is pretty funny!
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The text on his sign said "Family Law lottery - next time it could be you"
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lottery show delayed by protest

The BBC's National Lottery show was briefly delayed after protesters invaded the studio and chanted slogans. Presenter Eamonn Holmes was led from the stage as Fathers 4 Justice members made their way on to the set. The National Lottery: Jet Set was delayed for several minutes before the live draw for this week's ?17m Superdraw jackpot was resumed.

Campaign group Fathers 4 Justice said the evening marked the "dramatic return" of the protest group. The group appeared to have disbanded in January after some of its members were accused of allegedly plotting to kidnap Prime Minister Tony Blair's youngest son, Leo.

Guy Harrison, a spokesman for the paternal rights group, said: "Tonight marks the dramatic return of Fathers 4 Justice." He said it was the group's duty to warn parents about family law. Mr Harrison added: "The lottery is a metaphor for what can happen to any parent, mother or father, and their children, at the hands of the secret family courts." Afterwards presenter Holmes joked: "If anyone else is going to protest, please start now."

Alan Dedicoat, the so-called voice of the National Lottery balls, told the BBC: "We just had a kafuffle. What appeared to be fireworks or something going off in the studio. The cameras moved to one side. Eamonn was pushed to one side at one stage I think. And the next minute we had to put a caption up and I was left talking to millions and millions of viewers trying to explain what was going on without necessarily being able to see all of it myself."

Later, Holmes said the protesters had been "well-orchestrated". He added: "About six protesters ran out of the audience, very well positioned, very well orchestrated, they knew exactly the positions to be in and they tried to, well, I think, destroy the lottery machines. Fathers 4 Justice was the campaign and, you know, I think for the audience a very scary moment, whatever empathy or sympathy many people may have with Fathers 4 Justice, again, you've a lot of very shaken, disturbed people, both watching at home and in the studio."

-----------

I was shocked and disturbed too - by the amount of time it took the director to cut to caption! Freaking amateurs!
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fathers 4 Justice come across as wacko's! I can't believe they managed to do that though! Smile

How poor must BBC security be? no
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
One thing I noticed particularly about it though was the female presenter grabbing the stage-person by the arm and telling her to "get lost". You often hear about "stars" being up themselves, but to catch one at it live on peak time viewing is pretty funny!

I noticed that... but was she a stagehand or someone protesting? Either way, pretty poor treatment by a "star"....... not much of one in my opinion. I've never seen the show, mind you, but I can't think that hosting a lottery show really takes a ton of talent.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they may have picked a poor choice of venue to interrupt. I'd be peeved if the lottery was interrupted. It's that many more minutes I'm screwed out of thinking I could be a millionaire. When it comes to money, ya just don't mess with that sort of thing......LOL!! Smile Smile Smile Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: