United Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: United Match Reply with quote

This will be the last time I get to post for a good while so thought I'd speak my mind a bit about Manchester United.

I watched the Everton vs United game today and the first half was a nightmare. United has so many injuries that I had little to no faith in them winning today. I hoped and prayed they would because of the 3 pt gap between them and Chelsea but was fully prepared for a loss.

The first half of the game went pretty much just how I thought it would. The defending was once again weak and they were all over the place. Everton had their shite together and played well. I knew once halftime came, Fergie would rip the lads new arseholes because of how badly they'd done, but being realistic how could they possibly have done better?

I was absolutely astonished with how well they did in the second half and how they were able to come back for the win. After seeing the first two goals I was prepared for a draw and happy to have it, but after seeing 2 more goals I was over the top with happiness. United pulled it all out and worked their arses off for this win and deserved it.

When i found out Chelsea had a draw in their game I about jumped through the floorboards I was so happy. We've now a 5 pt gap and a brilliant chance at the title.

Whether you're a Manchester United fan or not you have to admit they've really worked hard this year with all the injuries to get this far and I'm hoping to hell they are able to pull this off.

As far as the CL goes, I'm still holding out for a Manchester United vs Liverpool final. I've been hoping that for ages now and I've not given up hope. I really feel Liverpool can beat Chelsea and especially now that they had a draw in todays game. Their confidence will be low and a perfect opportunity for Liverpool to stick it to them, and here's hoping they do.

Good luck maycm Smile
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers IRiSH - I must say I was somewhat amazed by todays fightback though Everton contributed significantly to their own downfall and pretty much gifted you three goals. Its also always good to see Chelski losing confidence ahead of Tuesday.

Have a great trip wherever you are!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:
Cheers IRiSH - I must say I was somewhat amazed by todays fightback though Everton contributed significantly to their own downfall and pretty much gifted you three goals. Its also always good to see Chelski losing confidence ahead of Tuesday.

Have a great trip wherever you are!

Thanks Smile You won't see me around for a very long time but I'll be thinking about you when I hear the results of the CL. Take care of yourself Smile
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody can stop us now to the titel Very Happy I am sooo happy with Saturday's results!! A few weeks back I was dreading that Chelski would claw their way back to the titel!! Come on you Reds!!!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:
Nobody can stop us now to the titel Very Happy I am sooo happy with Saturday's results!! A few weeks back I was dreading that Chelski would claw their way back to the titel!! Come on you Reds!!!

It's not 100% we've the title yet and I'm not willing to believe it till we're there. I'm going with this cautiously but that doesn't mean I don't believe in Manchester United.

Whether we win it or not I'll always be one of their biggest fans because they're pure talent and worthy of it...and I just lurrrrrrrvs me Rooney hug

I think we've a good chance at winning the league but not totally sure yet on the CL as we've a lot of injuries and such, but I'm most certainly going to be pulling for them and hopefully they'll do so Smile
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that want it - here's a weblink for the Milan / Manure game today

mms://a725.l2047345359.c20473.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/725/20473/v0001/reflector:45359
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ex, who is Italian, is rooting for Milan. I don't know much about European football, but any way I can bust my ex's balls is always loads of fun. I've taken great pleasure in telling him that the Brits will beat the balls off of the Italians in soccer, because they are the best in the world. The Italians might as well give up now......lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor old United! At least we should have the title wrapped up soon anf then we are still on for the double! Go on you Reds!
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were crap in the extreme. Some very poor defending and little imagination up front. I saw enough to give me hope that Milan will be there for the taking when Liverpool meet them in the final.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the game completely as it was only on Sky Sports - but was actually rooting for Man U. That would have been such a good final if they'd got through... bah
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I missed the game completely as it was only on Sky Sports - but was actually rooting for Man U. That would have been such a good final if they'd got through... bah

Should have clicked my link above....

Anyhoo - roll on May 23rd!
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW - it was pointed out to me that Manure have AIG embalzoned upon their shirts, which clearly means "Almost In Greece" Laughing
tasst

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How true.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: