Can Kisssing Cure Hay-Fever?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Can Kisssing Cure Hay-Fever? Reply with quote

A 30-minute kissing session may suppress the body's allergic reaction to pollen, providing welcome relief from hay fever, a new study suggests. Scientists based at the Satou hospital in Japan found that kissing worked by relaxing the body and reducing the production of histamine ? a chemical that the body produces in response to pollen, causing the sneezing, runny noses and streaming eyes that characterise hay fever attacks.

The researchers asked a total of 24 couples, where both partners suffered from hay fever, to spend 30 minutes kissing. Blood samples were taken before and after to compare levels of histamine, and results showed that after the kissing session levels of the chemical were significantly reduced. This was not found to be the case, however, when the experiment was repeated with cuddling but no kissing, with no change in histamine levels found.

Commenting on the findings, Dr Hajime Kimata, who conducted the research, said: "The results indicate for the first time that kissing may alleviate allergic responses."

It is already known that stress can cause an increased allergic reactions to allergens, suggesting that kissing has a relaxing effect, causing the reduction in histamine levels.

------------------

I always knew I could help the world in a medical sense...

Cool
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a lovely way to fight off allergies for sure. My only fear would be it not working quick enough and ending up with a loogy shot in my mouth from a quick sneeze.

I think I'm going to puke now :enough:
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe that's why I don't have much problem with my allergies anymore Razz
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Maybe that's why I don't have much problem with my allergies anymore Razz

In that case I might test the theory out Razz
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather the hayfever if I were single than the chances of all the problems / things you can catch from wrestling tongues with somebody..
Including but not just:
Mono
Mumps
cold sores / zoosters / herpes
bit's of rotten meat / veggies dislodged from their teeth etc....
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
I'd rather the hayfever if I were single than the chances of all the problems / things you can catch from wrestling tongues with somebody..
Including but not just:
Mono
Mumps

You must be lying or you've forgotten what it's like to be single for any length of time!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
Including but not just:
Mono
Mumps

If you're talking about kissing a slag that doesn't clean her teeth and blows dirty old gits then sure. It's a very good possibility. If you're talking about the average girl that practices normal hygiene then I'd say you've no worries.....unless of course you're frigid Embarassed
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to volunteer my services to those in need of hayfever cures..... thumbs thumbs Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far from fidgid lol....

It's just odd that this came up after a conversation today about a certain young lady one our 'installers' has wanted to get 'close to' recently.

Nice clean looking girl, rather 'upscale' to say the least....
Yet she has the worst halitosis, compaind constantly about sore throat etc...

Turns out she has the equiv' of genital warts in her mouth & throat along with some form of thrush....
(yes she confided in me on this)
Not the kind of thing I'd want to kiss....
This woman / girl is far from a slapper too (if you knew her).
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
Including but not just:
Mono
Mumps

You're more likely to catch mononucleosis (EBV) from someone coughing, sneezing or a water fountain then you are by kissing them.
And most adults already have the virus but have never had it outbreak in their system. It's believed 90% of all adults have antibodies to it because they have been exposed.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
Far from fidgid lol....

It's just odd that this came up after a conversation today about a certain young lady one our 'installers' has wanted to get 'close to' recently.

Nice clean looking girl, rather 'upscale' to say the least....
Yet she has the worst halitosis, compaind constantly about sore throat etc...

Turns out she has the equiv' of genital warts in her mouth & throat along with some form of thrush....
(yes she confided in me on this)
Not the kind of thing I'd want to kiss....
This woman / girl is far from a slapper too (if you knew her).

Okay I understand what you're saying but the big question I have is this.

I had to edit this because I saw after she confided in you about it.

I can't for the life of me undertstand why anyone would want to discuss that with someone else, especially a bloke lol Were you having tea and it was like hey guess what I have! It just seems so bloody odd to me. I've a complex if I've a zit.

Sorry to make light of it but it just seems all so strange.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ IRiSHMaFIA....

It's somebody who I have known for quite some time...
In fact, I have known both people for quite a time now.

I had helped her out during a long & sticky court battle & advise her on a few things that perhaps she feels she can be open about with me...
(she knows I will not betray her trust with people we know... here in the forums she is not named & the chances of any reader here ever meeting her are resonably NIL).

I agree, it's not the kind of thing that you just blurt out, but knowing also that I was attempting to get the two people together...

I'm now kinda' torn however as the guy has the ultimate hots for her...
I feel I should 'put him off' but can't tell him why...
Maybe she will tell him should he persue her to the extent that they get close to intimate.

The 'Thrush' BTW she tells me is due to medications used for the other stuff....
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
@ IRiSHMaFIA....

It's somebody who I have known for quite some time...
In fact, I have known both people for quite a time now.

I had helped her out during a long & sticky court battle & advise her on a few things that perhaps she feels she can be open about with me...
(she knows I will not betray her trust with people we know... here in the forums she is not named & the chances of any reader here ever meeting her are resonably NIL).

I agree, it's not the kind of thing that you just blurt out, but knowing also that I was attempting to get the two people together...

I'm now kinda' torn however as the guy has the ultimate hots for her...
I feel I should 'put him off' but can't tell him why...
Maybe she will tell him should he persue her to the extent that they get close to intimate.

The 'Thrush' BTW she tells me is due to medications used for the other stuff....

You're in a bit of a situation there for sure. I reckon you can't break her trust with telling you about it, but at the same time you don't want the guy getting anything when and if they do get together and become intimate.

I think you're best to maybe speak to her and tell her the situation you're in and ask her to give you suggestions?

All cheek aside from my other posts, you sound like a good person helping her out the way you do. Kudos to you!
Fredgremlin

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is something I would like to try...
In the name of science of course. I am sure I wouldn';t enjoy it in the slightest. :-)

I shall go and hunt for a person for an experiment.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad has the worst hayfever that I've ever seen and his sneezing is beyond violent. I've just copied and sent the above article to my parents...... I wonder if my mother will help him out????? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: