Paul McCartney and wife separate - What should Heather Get?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Paul McCartney and wife separate - What should Heather Get? Reply with quote

Paul McCartney has asked wife Heather for a formal separation.

Can't say I'm at all surprised.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are you not surprised? Last time I saw them they were doing that show about the fur trade a few weeks back and seemed fairly solid.
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FROM THE SUN

SIR Paul McCartney and his wife Heather are separating, the couple confirmed today.

A statement said the couple had ?found it increasingly difficult to maintain a normal relationship with constant intrusion into our private lives?.

The couple said they had agreed ?with sadness? to ?go our separate ways? but insisted the split was amicable.

The couple have been apart for three weeks after a series of rows.

A pal of McCartney, 63, said last night: ?Paul hasn?t taken this decision without a lot of thought. He believes it?s the best thing at the moment.

?He hasn?t given up on his marriage ? it?s just that they need some space.?

Ex-model Heather, 38, admitted last week that the pair had suffered ?ups and downs? but insisted their marriage was not over.

Today's statement said: ?Having tried exceptionally hard to make our relationship work given the daily pressures surrounding us, it is with sadness that we have decided to go our separate ways.

?Our parting is amicable and both of us still care about each other very much but have found it increasingly difficult to maintain a normal relationship with constant intrusion into our private lives, and we have actively tried to protect the privacy of our child.

?Separation for any couple is difficult enough, but to have to go through this so publicly, especially with a small daughter, is immensely stressful.

?We hope, for the sake of our baby daughter, that we will be given some space and time to get through this difficult period.?

Multi-millionaire Sir Paul last week cut a lonely figure as he travelled near Monaco.

He was pictured drinking alone in a bar and walking around gloomily talking into his mobile phone.

Macca?s friend said: ?Things between Heather and Paul aren?t necessarily over for good. They still care a lot for each other but have some serious thinking to do about their future.?

Meanwhile, Heather stayed with their daughter Beatrice, two, at their mansion in Hove, East Sussex.

If the pair divorce Heather would stand to pick up around ?200million of Sir Paul?s ?800million fortune as the couple have no prenuptial agreement.

The four-year marriage has been stormy. Many of the ex-Beatle?s pals secretly suspected it would never last.

Macca has often been on the receiving end of his wife?s fiery temper.

Friends of the pair have said that Heather struggles to cope with her husband?s worldwide fame.

Sir Paul?s lengthy separation from Heather is in stark contrast to his former marriage to Linda, who died in 1998.

The couple barely spent a night apart in 30 years.
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
why are you not surprised? Last time I saw them they were doing that show about the fur trade a few weeks back and seemed fairly solid.

There have been reports that she had moved out of their home a few weeks ago.

I really don't like her very much. Anytime I've seen her on television she comes across as arrogant and bitchy.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought it would work from the beginning. They just never seemed right for each other.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually pretty shocked. I thought for sure it'd work out because they had the same outlook on things like causes and such.

I found it very frustrating when I saw them both on Larry King a while back. She wouldn't let him get a word in during the interview and if I was him I'd of slapped her with a big anaconda like in irc to shut her hole Razz
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
I'm actually pretty shocked. I thought for sure it'd work out because they had the same outlook on things like causes and such.

I found it very frustrating when I saw them both on Larry King a while back. She wouldn't let him get a word in during the interview and if I was him I'd of slapped her with a big anaconda like in irc to shut her hole Razz

LOL! It would take a big anaconda to shut her up! Smile

I saw that interview as well and she was very dismissive of Paul when he was actually doing a good job of making a reasonable point without being aggressive as she comes across.

Then I saw her on another chat show and she was doing a cooking segment. She went on and on about how bad milk was for people, especially children, to the point of being preachy and rude to the host. I went off her then and she lost whatever point she was trying to make because her way of speaking is very intolerant of anyone elses choices and extremely judgemental.

Now she blames Paul's celebrity as a cause of the breakdown of their marriage but she knew who he was when she married him. And she's done well to use that celebrity to promote causes, many of them to her credit, good ones.

Well it's sad to see couples break up and I feel especially sorry for Paul that it didn't work out because having lost the love of his life Linda... I really don't think he can cope with being alone.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, the last rag magazine I read, they said things were fine. I also didn't think it would work either, but I couldn't blame Sir Paul for trying again. He got back on the horse and married one too..... :-) I don't get why she is a model. I don't think she is of model standard. Then again, who am I? An expert on models? LOL!!LOL!! Too bad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And still more gossip! This from the Mirror.

EXCLUSIVE: SECRETS OF THE McCARTNEY LOVE SPLIT
Macca has been wanting to end it for 18 months
Heather accused him of 'not caring' after her op
She'll get ?50m in quickie divorce

By Fiona Cummins, Showbiz Reporter

YOU DON'T CARE: Heather's rant at Paul that ended marriage

FED UP Sir Paul McCartney has been considering leaving wife Heather Mills for 18 months of rage, despair and frustration.

Plagued by his wife's constant criticisms and temper tantrums, and her clear lack of interest in his touring, he came reluctantly to realise they had little in common.

He tried desperately to make the four-year marriage work for the sake of daughter Beatrice, two. But the final straw came in a blistering row last month over 38-year-old Heather's recent leg operation, when she lashed out at him: "You don't care!"

A friend said: "They had a real humdinger of a row. She accused him of not caring enough about her, and Paul decided he'd had enough. "He's someone who's had adulation and praise almost all his life, but he felt with Heather he could never do right. "To be accused of not caring, when he felt he'd done so much, wounded him deeply and tipped him over the edge. It convinced him that however they tried to patch things up, they weren't suited."

Another insider disclosed: "Paul was devastated and couldn't see any way forward when she was taking that attitude."

Macca, 64 next month, thought a trial separation could help.
But after speaking to his family, who urged him to leave, he decided the break had to be permanent.

Yesterday the couple, who spoke on the phone, announced in a statement they were parting "with sadness". They said the split, exclusively revealed by the Mirror, was "amicable" but "immensely stressful". They are set to agree on a ?50million quickie divorce and shared custody of Beatrice.

Despite the tensions, Macca went out of his way to quash speculation that Heather was after his fortune. He said the rumours were untrue and "vicious". Friends revealed that as the marriage lurched into crisis Paul was "constantly frustrated" over Heather's refusal to tour with him in America last year.

Heather hated being pushed into the shadows by fans. Paul spent much of the tour "lonely and depressed" and forced to fly long distances to New York or Los Angeles to meet up with the family.

HE grew irritated by Heather's constantly chiding him over what she saw as his total lack of style. He was tired of her suggesting makeovers for him. Just an old hippy at heart he also resented her ban on the spliffs he used to enjoy so much. He despaired at their furious rows, something he had never known in his first marriage to Linda. Friends say Heather had a habit of behaving like a spoilt child when she did not get her way.

HEATHER became increasingly annoyed by claims that she was out for a slice of Paul's ?825 million fortune.

This month it emerged that Heather was living in Hove, East Sussex, while Paul stayed at the couple's home in Peasmarsh, 55 miles away. Heather said reports their marriage was on the rocks were "hilarious". But Paul travelled solo to the south of France to mull over their future. A close friend said: "For at least 18 months, Paul has been talking about calling an end to the marriage. "Again and again they rowed, or disagreed over something, and he knew deep down it wasn't working. "But he kept wanting to try again, as much for Beatrice as Heather.
"Heather also found it frustrating. They knew that, even though they had been in love at the start, they had very little in common."

Another source revealed: "Paul liked being back on tour and she hated it. "She didn't like being on the road because he'd go back to his old ways, including smoking spliffs.

"Heather refused to join him on a lot of dates and would base herself in LA and New York so he'd have to travel thousands of miles to see Beatrice. The rows were becoming more frequent and they were getting him down. Heather would often complain that he lacked style - he hated her criticisms."

Heather was said to have seethed with jealously about how Macca was treated on tour. One friend said: "A lot of people treat him like a god. Heather didn't like it one jot."

Since last year, Paul has been pouring out his despair in late night phone calls to friends. The insider said: "He was incredibly frustrated, saying he didn't understand Heather. She was gnawing away at him all the time. "Since his late teens, Paul has been respected by everyone around him and he wasn't able to cope with someone sniping at him at home. "Heather was like a small child because she lost her temper whenever she didn't get her own way. Paul couldn't handle it."

The pal added: "When Paul went away to France he felt calmer and happier than for a long time. And when he spoke to family they urged him to leave. "Heather wanted the marriage to work which is why she was still pretending everything was fine just a few days ago."

In a message posted on his website yesterday Paul declared: "By now, you will have probably heard the unfortunate news that Heather and I are going our separate ways. "I'm disappointed that during a very difficult time there are people writing things about Heather that are just plain untrue. "It's been suggested she married me for the money. There's not an ounce of truth in this. "She's a very generous person who spends most of her time trying to help others in greater need than herself. "All the work she does is unpaid. These stories are ridiculous and unfounded. I'm very sad that insensitive people would choose a moment like this to spread vicious rumours."

Pointedly, the statement failed to deny claims that Heather was jealous of his fame and the couple had rowed bitterly.
And one friend of Paul's feared battle lines were now being drawn between the two camps.

The source said: "This is a calculated decision that has been taken by Paul. People will start taking sides. Paul's a very traditional guy and absolutely gutted by this. It's deeply personal. "He's a family man and deep-rooted in his beliefs. He's not the sort of guy to take this decision lightly. He loved Heather very much."

Friends of Heather, who lost a leg after being hit by a motorcycle in 1993, refused to reveal her whereabouts yesterday but said she and Paul had been in "constant touch".
Heather recently had revision surgery on her leg and is said to be in great pain.

Paul's daughters by Linda - photographer Mary, 36, and fashion designer Stella, 34 - refused to comment.

But Heather's estranged father Mark Mills, 65, of Washington, Tyne and Wear, said: "I'm annoyed and furious because they have everything there to make the marriage work. I thought they had a good relationship."

Paul's brother Mike McCartney, who lives in the Wirral, said: "As my one and only brother, I'm naturally supportive of our kid. It's their lives and it's personal."
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least any woman he picks up with after this will have a 'LEG UP' on old peg leg huh...
;)
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
At least any woman he picks up with after this will have a 'LEG UP' on old peg leg huh...
;)

LOL you cheeky bugger! I'll be having to slap you with an anaconda Smile
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:
faceless wrote:

There have been reports that she had moved out of their home a few weeks ago.

I really don't like her very much. Anytime I've seen her on television she comes across as arrogant and bitchy.

I've thought the same thing about her Ally.

Plus when that whole seal thing was going on here, all we saw on the news was her and Paul and he was never looked happy. She was always the one speaking and he couldn't seem to get a word in edgewise.

Still, it's sad whenever anyone gets a divorce and I just feel sorry for their little girl.
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANGUISHED Sir Paul McCartney dashed to daughter Stella?s side as his marriage broke up, it emerged yesterday.

He flew by helicopter to her country estate to pour out his feelings before his split from Heather Mills, 38, was announced.

Ex-Beatle Sir Paul, 63, took off from his own vast spread in Sussex and touched down near Stella?s 250-acre pile near Pershore, Worcestershire.

A source said: ?Paul landed on the Sunday afternoon.

?He looked very tired and drawn and deep in thought.

?Obviously he wanted to break the news of his split with Heather to Stella in person before it became public knowledge.?

Sir Paul is believed to have flown out again the following day.

He has not been seen publicly since.

Fashion designer Stella, 34, also has a home in London with husband Alasdhair Willis.

She bought the three-storey farmhouse in Worcestershire for ?1.3 million three years ago and has spent a fortune on renovation.

Macca?s close pals believe he will head for his farmhouse on the Mull of Kintyre, Scotland.

A friend on the island said: ?Paul always turns to his farm on Kintyre at low points in his life and that is where he will be heading. He is talking about going in the summer. It is a real place of healing.?

Ironically Sir Paul took Heather there last year as their marriage began to crumble. A spokesman for the star said yesterday: ?Paul is recording at the moment.?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006230304,00.html
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a drag when it happens to anyone, but people always seem to take it so badly when it happens to a celebrity. It's an unfortunate part of life but obviously it wasn't meant to be.

He needs to go out and pick up a hot young biotch and have a good romp to get it out his system dancer
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what? I want to say a life time of legs, but I've been drinking, and sometimes people don't like my sense of humor, so make believe you didn't read that, 'kay? Smile Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: