Euro Qualifiers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Euro Qualifiers Reply with quote

I'd like to express my deepest condolences to England fans after seeing their team play so abysmally today - it must be terrible to be a cockerney today... Laughing Laughing Laughing

I've not seen the highlights of the Scotland game yet, but a 2-1 win over Georgia is great and it bodes well for the upcoming games against the big teams.
Lucky Lucan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The England game was one of the most boring uninspiring games I've seen in a long time, the U21 game against Italy was much better.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw this on the BBC comment site

"Steve McClaren thinks that tactics are a new kind of mint"

I'm sure that must be an old line, but I've not heard it before and it gave me a good chuckle.
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have finally given up watching any England internationals!! It seems a team full of the best players in the world can't play a half-way decent game of footie anymore!!! Israel is a bloody mighty football nation though mind you - NOT!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the Andorra game - perhaps we will sneak a lucky 89 minute winner and everything will look rosie again!! Oh dear!!!!!!
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how are england going to start scoring goals ... i don't know ..

what are you going to do ... keep on doing the same thing ...

what has he got on his cv, a league cup win and dreary dull dim witted tactics.

sack the muppet. he should never have had the job in the first place, like perm boy keegan, who was at least big enough to say he wasn't up to it.

well done to Scotland ... and ireland and northern ireland and wales too ...
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really was quite horrible.

Not sure why Crouch wasn't playing, I reckon he would have turned the gane had he played, especially as they onlyhad one tactic the entire game, which was to hoof the ball into the box and hope for the best.
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:

Not sure why Crouch wasn't playing, I reckon he would have turned the gane had he played, especially as they onlyhad one tactic the entire game, which was to hoof the ball into the box and hope for the best.
Couchy was apparently injured!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:

I heard he was off dancing in Amsterdam in some sleazing nightclub. I could be wrong though Confused

http://www.dothecrouch.com/media/loop1.swf
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes after news like this ...... and vids like that ..... I just pretend I am a Yank ... laugh
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
Sometimes after news like this ...... and vids like that ..... I just pretend I am a Yank ... laugh

Funny. After seeing videos like that it feels simply splendid being Irish....but then again it always does cunning ....but I do feel your pain love...honest Laughing
Sheffman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Euro Qualifiers Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I'd like to express my deepest condolences to England fans after seeing their team play so abysmally today - it must be terrible to be a cockerney today... Laughing Laughing Laughing

... good players, bad tactics Sad It's starting to piss me off now Mad
After getting rid of Svennis the pennis, how on earth were England going to have a fresh start by putting the yes man McClaren in charge !? Harry Redknapp would have been my choice, ... great motivator. As much as it hurts me to say, Scotland, with the passion they are showing at present would, ... errrm, beat England! (ouch!) Crying
I watched the England under 21's, there is some fantastic talent coming through, I just hope they don't end up playing under a muppet like McClaren.
Boab

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It constantly amazes me how England fail to play well. Sometimes i do think the media hype is OTT about the ability of the players but the current team do seem to have decent players. Players who are playing at the highest levels for their clubs eg; Rooney, Lampard, Terry, Cole, Carragher and Gerrard.

McLarrens problem is changing the way the team is set out so that all the big players play. He's gotta show some balls now and set the team out proper or he'll soon be on the back pages of the Sunday's sporting a big pair of donkey ears Laughing

Of course as a Scotsman i really hope that doesn't happen whistle sneaky Laughing
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boab wrote:
It constantly amazes me how England fail to play well. Sometimes i do think the media hype is OTT about the ability of the players but the current team do seem to have decent players. Players who are playing at the highest levels for their clubs eg; Rooney, Lampard, Terry, Cole, Carragher and Gerrard.

McLarrens problem is changing the way the team is set out so that all the big players play. He's gotta show some balls now and set the team out proper or he'll soon be on the back pages of the Sunday's sporting a big pair of donkey ears Laughing

Of course as a Scotsman i really hope that doesn't happen whistle sneaky Laughing

pointr we all believe ye Boab
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonight's the night for Scotland fans - if we can get a drawa or win from the game against Italy then I reckon we're sitting pretty for qualifying.

I have to support Andorra in the England game as the underdogs of course (haha)
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah well 2-0 to italy - and Italy really deserved the win. Scotland played pretty well, but were outclassed. Northern Ireland beat Sweden 2-1 though - that's brilliant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: