Girl, 11, will be Britain's youngest mother!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Girl, 11, will be Britain's youngest mother! Reply with quote

A girl is to become Britain's youngest mother after becoming pregnant at 11.

The girl smokes 20 cigarettes a day despite being eight months' pregnant. She conceived aged 11 when she lost her virginity to a boy of 15 on a drunken night out with friends.

The 15-year-old has since been charged with rape by police, and is due to appear again at Edinburgh sheriff court on July 10.

Her 34-year-old mother, who gave birth to her youngest child eight months ago, said she was 'proud' of her daughter.

She will be 12 years and 8 months when she has the child next month. Jenny Teague, Britain's youngest mother until now, was a month older when she gave birth in 1997.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why on earth she is proud is beyond me. But it looks like the apple didn't fall to far from the tree.
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Why on earth she is proud is beyond me. But it looks like the apple didn't fall to far from the tree.

My thoughts exactly. That mother should have her kids taken away from her if she can't do any better than this. Sad
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:
Skylace wrote:

My thoughts exactly. That mother should have her kids taken away from her if she can't do any better than this. Sad

I do agree with you. Not only is the girl so young to have a baby, but she is already out smoking and drinking. She's not fit to be a mum. (either of them)
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Ally wrote:
Skylace wrote:

I do agree with you. Not only is the girl so young to have a baby, but she is already out smoking and drinking. She's not fit to be a mum. (either of them)

Children looking after children. I agree with you all.

I remember a couple of years ago when I was working on Pediatrics and I looked after a 16 year old mother and her 4 month old baby at the same time............ sadly this is happening more and more.
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on this story.

Baby of girl, 12, life fight

THE baby girl of Britain?s youngest mum was last night fighting for life as she stopped breathing seconds after being born.

Docs snatched the tot from the horrified 12-year-old mother and whisked her away to an incubator.

The mum ? who fell pregnant during a drunk, cannabis-fuelled romp at the age of 11 ? was cradling her daughter for the first time when the tot began turning blue.

The newborn has now been moved from St John?s Hospital in Livingston, West Lothian ? where she was born at 3am yesterday ? to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.

The chain-smoking mum is keeping a vigil by her 6lbs 13oz daughter?s incubator where she is fighting breathing complications. Last night, the baby?s devastated gran, 34, told how the family?s joy turned to terror within moments of the birth.

She sobbed: ?It was awful. My daughter was handed the baby and she gasped and said to me, ?Oh mum? because she was so proud and excited.

?But suddenly panic broke out because the baby?s lips started going blue.

?We?re just praying she pulls through. My daughter was almost crying when she asked doctors, ?Just save my baby ? tell me she?s not going to die?.

?It broke my heart to hear my little girl talking about her little girl like that.

?The doctors say she might have to stay in the incubator for two weeks.?

When we told last month how the girl fell pregnant at the age of 11 our scoop was picked up around the world.

We revealed the girl ? who lives in a West Lothian council flat ? began smoking at nine. And she still puffed up to 20 a day despite being pregnant.

She took up drinking at ten ? sometimes downing a potent mix of strong wine and vodka.

And she told told how she was saving her pocket money to support her baby and also planned to get a paper round.

She had sex with a boy of 15 in Edinburgh on a night out with pals but did not think she could get pregnant her first time.

The lad now faces a rape charge and is due at the High Court in Edinburgh on July 10.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in shock about this whole bloody story. I can't comprehend how a mother would be proud and happy about her 11 year old CHILD having a child. It's just so bloody wrong on every level possible.

At 11 years old this CHILD is a chain smoker and doing all this other stuff? Did she ever have a childhood herself?

These are rhetorical questions of course because nobody in their right mind could possibly answer them. It's just insane from start to finish.
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That family needs some help. I really hope the baby is alright but if she is brought up by that family I don't see how she'll turn out any different.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:
That family needs some help. I really hope the baby is alright but if she is brought up by that family I don't see how she'll turn out any different.

It scares me that it is a daughter too. The examples she'll have.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:

The family does need help but they have to realise it before seeking it. They all seem quite copasetic with the situation and that's the part I don't get.

The baby hasn't a chance unfortunately. If they live this way and feel all is normal there's not much going to change. It's a pity.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Ally wrote:

The family does need help but they have to realise it before seeking it. They all seem quite copasetic with the situation and that's the part I don't get.

The baby hasn't a chance unfortunately. If they live this way and feel all is normal there's not much going to change. It's a pity.

Agree with you all. Like I said earlier, kids raising kids.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

copasetic?
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm horrified. My 12 year old neice is still playing with stuffed animals and dolls and the thought of her being a mother makes me physically ill.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://youngest_mother.tripod.com/
:grr:
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
http://youngest_mother.tripod.com/
:grr:

*shudder*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: