Britcoms anyone ???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only seen a few -- Blackadder, Fawlty Towers and Monty Python. I did get into downloading the I.T. Crowd. Whatever happened to that? I think it ended after only 6 episodes.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard there is a new series of IT Crowd in the offing, but I wasn't a fan of it really. Some good moments, but it needed more consistency.
luke

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone watched ideal with johnny vegas? i'm usually unsure of johnny vegas but ideal is good Smile

there was another one on bbc4 based in a disabled peoples home, thats was pretty good

i didn't like the it crowd

peepshow was wicked Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one in the care home was excellent (I'm With Stupid) - Griffo recommended it to me a while back and I thought it was a cracker. According to this report it's got some some well-known fans...

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter, um, reports edgy filmmakers Peter and Bobby Farrelly have joined forces with the producer of the U.S. version of "The Office" to bring the new British comedy "I'm With Stupid" to American viewers.

"Stupid" centers on a down-and-out guy who befriends a young wheelchair user and winds up moving into his group home. Yes, that kind of group home. The show (well, the British version, at least) is funnier than it sounds. The pilot for the BBC 3 original earned kudos in Britain last year for its multidimensional portrayal, and perhaps even better yet, it's casting of people with disabilities which eventually led to a six episode series last Summer.

Whereas the producers of the original series took great pains to be more mainstream, the Farrelly approach is likely to be quite different if one considers what they've done previously.

Peter Farrelly is set to direct the pilot, and both brothers will serve as executive producers. The Farrelly's have covered disabilities (to both acclaim and derision) in such films as "The Ringer" and "Shallow Hal." Known for outrageous, high-concept comedies, their most recent feature credits include last year's "Fever Pitch" and 2003's "Stuck on You."
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Luke (about Ideal)

I downloaded the first 2 series & the Christmas special of Ideal & managed to get the first 2 of this years.
(I think I may still have them or they may have made room for newer items).

I have not found the rest of this year's shows yet. Sad

As for the show itself... Best thing I have seen in ages.
I saw a lot of 'real life' people I have known in the individuals depicted, it's almost as if they took a group of people I knew in the mid 80's & changed their names... sad but true lol.
(Except for the necro...)

I'm pretty certain that the culture it depicts is still the same & will remain that way too.

Johnny Vegas is somebody I have not seen a lot of due to being stateside for so long, with the exception of Ideal I have only seen him in Benidorm & it's like chalk & cheese...

Is it true that Nick Frost was up for the role in Ideal but turned it down?
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Wasn't Respectable the one about a brothel? I didn't actually watch any of it myself though I do have it on disc somewhere...

yes thats the one , its very good and consistant lots of good laughs you should give it a try as you have it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Comedy News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: