Nasty Site
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am told the GG Team "know all about it."

I suppose we can't get away from the nutters ... indeed, that's probably what keeps GG going : All the nutters out there who are in power.
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that site down now ? I can't access it .. gives page load error.

A had a word with the powers that be 90 minutes ago .. can't believe they acted on it so fast ...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's showing a server error - which suggests it's a technical thing rather than a removal - but you never know.
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be the quickest way they know to bring the site down without "abandoning" the domain name .. i.e. the domain owner still has right to appeal etc.

**Spoke too soon .. it's back up... Seems I have to kick up more fuss ... I have just filed a report on the "Internet Watch Foundation - Report Illegal Content" page
http://iwf.org.uk/reporting.htm

Could take a few weeks to get a decision .. but at least the clock is ticking ...
nekokate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it really illegal, though? I mean, yes, it's libellous, but that would be down to George to persue litigation with the webmaster. As far as content goes, most of it is just links to other sites containing old Galloway news.

If you think about the fact that websites like stormfront.org and asstr.org are allowed to exist I'm not sure the powers that be would really be able or willing to do anything about it.

What do other people think?
mickyv

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can’t help thinking that if a site was advocating the hanging of our PM, then not only would it be shut down in the blink of an eye, but the MI5 goons would be visiting everybody connected with the Site. In fact if it was about any other MP or public figure, action would be taken, as it is grossly offensive to openly call for the hanging of a public figure. Actually seeing in the news today that a Muslim demonstrator protesting against the cartoons of the Islamic Prophet Muhammad was found guilty of soliciting murder by chanting slogans, maybe this call for Galloway’s murder could fall foul of the same new anti-terrorism laws ?
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exacly Micky. It isn't the content I am complaining about .. but the name.

The actual complaint is

--------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a web site targeted at George Galloway MP who is an elected
member of parliament (see http://www.georgegalloway.com/ )

The title of the site "HANG GALLOWAY" is incitement to violence against
Mr. Galloway who already faces physical violence in performance of his
duty as an MP.

If the cartoonist who got sent to jail for saying Tony Blair should be
decapitated, then so should this web site be brought down (not least
since decapitation is a possible result from hanging).
nekokate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck getting it shut down. I just don't think you've got a chance.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think its illegal, i think its all down to the situation its used in - shouting it at a protest is wrong, calling a web site it isn't

i'm all for freedom of speech, i mean if on the site he was planning or advocating the hanging, thats different

you shouldn't really worry about people like this obvious idiot with to much time on his hands, worry more about the whole corporate media structure that always misrepresents and/or marginalises the views of people like galloway - be worried that when you search george galloway on goggle, a sponsored link to the sun appears ...

would be interesting to see who was really behind it though, looks like quite a bit of time has gone into it, seems a lot of work for just one person to have done because he doesn't like george for whatever reasons?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
would be interesting to see who was really behind it though, looks like quite a bit of time has gone into it, seems a lot of work for just one person to have done because he doesn't like george for whatever reasons?

I think he sounds like someone who's been garnering his hatred and dissatisfaction over a number of years and Galloway is the perfect target as he sees it. It could be anyone really.

I also don't think it's illegal as he's calling for the legal hanging on the grounds of supposed treason.
nekokate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm with Luke and Faceless on this. The webmaster of that site is an ignorant fool and he's talking out of his arse, but if the law was such that you can't talk out of your arse on the internet then we'd start seeing the closure and counter-attack closures of thousands and thousands of sites all over the place. And good point Faceless made, too, that he's not advocating a lynching, he's saying he wants to see George tried for teason, he's just too ignorant to realise that the ICC doesn't execute people for any reason.
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting twist about "legal" hanging.

You may recall George's position that he doesn't believe in capital punishment under any condition. And I support that view.

Even in the UK, I believe it isn't legal to execute anyone (except possibly treason against the monarchy).

Where do we draw the line on free speach ? Also, this isn't someone standing in a corder with a small audience .. this nasty site is promoted .. e.g.

http://whois.domaintools.com/hanggalloway.co.uk

shows :

DMOZ Directory: Respect_-_the_Unity_Coalition
DMOZ Title: Hang Galloway
DMOZ Description: A campaign to bring George Galloway to justice for his role in the Oil for Food scandal.
Wikipedia: Listed on 1 page

i.e. He mentioned "Respect - The Unity Coalition"

p.s. Though I do wonder if it is just best to ignore these sites & not give them the oxygen of publicity.

I am instinctively against censorship and for free speech. Alarm bells ring when we are talking about a public figure where he does have to be out and about, and this title could incite someone to act ...
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I note that on http://www.hanggalloway.co.uk/page4.html he has a Q&A :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Why the name "HangGalloway.co.uk"?

A: Because www dot drop him in a bath of acid with eloctrodes attached to his testicles like the victims of the regime he worked to support dot co dot uk was taken.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if this guy is mentally stable. He also has a v. poor handle on the history .. and for someone who claimed to have researched the topic, I wonder how blinded he could be.

I don't suppose I have to remind anyone on this forum that GG was one of the few (if not only) politicians to OPPOSE Saddam Hussein when Maggie & Rumsfeld were arming him.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's just a dick - I'd not give him any credence at all.
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I am not getting obsessed with this ...

A search on the web for this site

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B2RNFA_en___GB203&q=%22hanggalloway.co.uk%22

reveals this guy "Simon" has postings on :

http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1600402006

under " Simon, Preston / 9:03am 29 Oct 2006"

Ivan replied
6. Ivan, Moscow / 9:34am 29 Oct 2006
Simon from Preston: you are obviously a Blairite with evil as your axis.
If saddam is correctly standing trial for genocide, why not Blair? To inflict your will by force on any nation is morally and criminally wrong.
And by the way, the problems in France are domestic problems caused by unregulated immigration with resulting squalor and deprivation

His ranting shows him to be a bigot ... Search for simon on above page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: