'Jungle woman' found after 19 years in wild
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: 'Jungle woman' found after 19 years in wild Reply with quote

A WOMAN who disappeared in the jungles of north-eastern Cambodia as a child has apparently been found after living in the wild for 19 years, police said yesterday. The woman - believed to be Rochom P'ngieng, who would now be 27 years old - cannot speak any intelligible language, so details of her story have been difficult to confirm.

"When I saw her, she was naked and walking in a bending-forward position like a monkey ... She was bare-bones skinny," explained Sal Lou, who says he is her father. "She was shaking and picking up grains of rice from the ground to eat. Her eyes were red like tigers' eyes," Sal Lou, 45, said from Oyadao district in Rattanakiri province, where the woman was found last Saturday.

Rochom P'ngieng was eight when she disappeared in 1988, while she was herding buffalo in a remote jungle area, said Chea Bunthoeun, a deputy provincial police chief. The province is about 200 miles north-east of Cambodia's capital, Phnom Penh. Mao San, the police chief of Oyadao district, described the woman as "half-human and half-animal".

Sal Lou, a village policeman who is a member of the Pnong ethnic minority, said he recognised his daughter by a scar on her right arm, a result of a cut from a knife she had played with when she was young. The woman's existence was discovered after a villager noticed that food had disappeared from a lunchbox he left at a site near his farm, Chea Bunthoeun said. "He decided to stake out the area and then spotted a naked human being, who looked like a jungle person, sneaking in to steal his rice," he said.

The villager gathered some friends and the group managed to catch the woman. Since being found, she has had difficulty adjusting to normal life, apparently because of her long stay in the wild. Sal Lou said it was virtually impossible to communicate with her because she cannot speak the local Pnong language.

When she is hungry, she pats her stomach as a signal. "If she is not sleeping, she just sits and glances left and right, left and right," he said. He also said it was difficult bringing her back to normal life because she resisted showering, wearing clothes or using chopsticks, fending him off and shouting and crying. Sal Lou said his family was now closely watching the woman, after she took off her clothes yesterday morning and acted as if she was going back into the jungle.

Many questions still remain unanswered about the circumstances of her disappearance and what happened to her in the wild, said Mao San. Authorities want medical experts to take DNA samples from the parents and the woman to see if they match.

I saw her on CNN and the poor darlin does sit there with a blank glare in her eyes, but that's to be expected after the way she's use to living for all these years.

I'm sure after living in a more civilized setting for a while she'll be completely fine, but it also might make her want to go back to the jungle as civilized doesn't always mean better!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the students I worked with in England was from Sri Lanka. He and his family had lived in the jungles there since he was four. Their house had been destroyed in some sort of bombing. They lived there for four years.

His uncle finally tracked the family down and brought them over to England. This little one wouldn't speak in his native language let alone in English. He had no clue on indoor plumbing, fork, knives, etc.

My job was to help socialize him. It was a tough job but we did make progress. Sadly, I moved back to the States and haven't seen him since. I did learn that he finished up school and started talking more and more.

If only four years can do this to a child I can only imagine what 19 would do.
Twirley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you'd have to go right back to basics to teach the language and the social norms. It will take a lot of patience to bring this lady up to the level where she can then decide where she wants to spend the rest of her days.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wonder how much she'll be able to socialize or fit into society. I don't think she'll ever be "normal" (whatever that is) but she may be able to adapt somewhat. Hopefully this story doesn't die out over time and in a few years someone follows up with an update - but for now, I think she needs some privacy--- can you imagine how daunting this must all seem to her? Those cameras and everything are bothersome for anyone let alone someone who's never really dealt with people before.
janbo1960

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its a hoax!!!! Who cut her hair?
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janbo1960 wrote:

hmm I don't think it's a hoax but you raise a very interesting question.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Werewolf boy' on the run from police after escaping Moscow clinic
20th December 2007

Russian police are hunting a "werewolf boy" - who snarls and bites - after he escaped from a Moscow clinic just a day after being rescued from the wild. Doctors expressed shock saying he was found living with a pack of wolves in a remote forest in the Kaluga region of central Russia.

"He's clearly dangerous to other people," said a police spokesman yesterday. "He's got typical wolf-like habits and behaviour. He has very strong and sharp teeth, which could really endanger someone if he bites." The boy looks about ten - but after tests conducted by Moscow medics, they believe he maybe much older. They are puzzled because he appears intelligent but does not seem to speak Russian or any other language. It is suspected he has been running wild for many years.

Such cases are not uncommon in Russia where there have been regular reports of 'Mowgli' children abandoned by their parents who are cared for by animals. The boy moves around with his legs half bent, said Tvoi Den newspaper. "He was running with wolves and searching for food with them."

Villagers found this "wild creature" in a lair made of leaves and sticks in freezing temperatures and told the police who named him Lyokha, though his real identity is not known. "He's dirty, hungry, and looked to have had a hard time," said the police spokesman. "We brought him to a clinic in Moscow. It was simply unbelievable. He doesn't react when we call to him." Medics gave him clothes and said that he sprang down the corridor, bursting into his room and devouring his food like an animal.

His nails on his feet were like claws. After 24 hours he had evaded security men at the clinic and escaped. He is now believed to be on the loose in Moscow region. "We didn't even manage to complete the proper medical checks. We only succeeded in giving him a shower, cutting his nails and took some blood and other tests," said a doctor. "It's quite possible he is a dangerous with psychological problems but also a source of viruses and infections."

----------------------

Let's hope they can find and help the wee lycanthrope!
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

janbo1960 wrote:

Forget her hair - who plucked her eyebrows??? Not the first thing you do to a feral human...
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faceless... where the fuck did you get a picture of my feet from?

Meanwhle [quote=source]"When I saw her, she was naked and walking in a bending-forward position like a monkey [/quote]

I'd not be s interested on her previous places of origin...
Any female nekkid & on all fours in front of me is fair game...

Thus the story must be a hoax...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: baby found being raised by cats Reply with quote

Real-life Mowgli kept alive by cats
A one-year-old boy has been found living rough on the streets, apparently being kept alive by cats.
Chris Hastings
20 Dec 2008

The boy was discovered by police in Misiones, in Argentina, surrounded by eight wild cats. Doctors believe the animals snuggled up with him during freezing nights which would otherwise have killed him. The boy was seen eating scraps foraged by the animals while they licked him, it has been claimed.

Policewoman Alicia Lorena Lindgvist discovered the child by a canal in the Christ King district of the city. She said: "I was walking and noticed a gang of cats sitting very close together. It is unusual to see so many like that so I went for a closer look and that's where I saw him. The boy was lying at the bottom of a gutter. There were all these cats on top of him licking him because he was really dirty. When I walked over they became really protective and spat at me. They were keeping the boy warm while he slept." The officer, who noticed scraps of food near the boy, added: "The cats knew he was fragile and needed protecting."

Police have found the boy's father who is homeless and said he had lost the boy several days ago while out collecting cardboard to sell. He told officers cats had always been protective of his son. A spokesman for Thames Valley Animal Welfare, which deals with feral cats and strays in Berkshire, said: "They would have viewed the baby like a big hot water bottle. Cats will cuddle up to anything to keep warm, even dogs. He added: "In our experience of cat colonies when a mother has a litter, all the other cats will go and fetch food. The baby could have been feeding off the scraps they brought. Cats in Argentina stay in large packs to survive - much more than cats over here."

------------------

Cool
nekokate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so cool!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What gets me is that he said he lost the baby a few days ago - how far can a 1 yr old get before you notice they're gone?
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
What gets me is that he said he lost the baby a few days ago - how far can a 1 yr old get before you notice they're gone?

In Lukes case very far ...he was crawling at about 25mph at that age Smile

Sad but Cute story ....
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our lil' ankle snapper is 14 months just now, he's more than a handfull, but to look after one like this and then to have to try and find cardboard to sell .. impossible .. and totally sad.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For short legs they can sure move. That always amazed me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: