George Galloway and Melbourne Songwriters' Showcase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
legg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: George Galloway and Melbourne Songwriters' Showcase Reply with quote

Smile Firstly, thanks for collecting GG's Talk Sport Shows, that was my listen-to station when I lived in Enfield, North London, 3 years ago. We lost Mike Dickin and gained Galloway, a diff'rent kind of GRUFF. The wonderful thing about George Galloway is - He's a STATESMAN. Not one of the regular choices a largely disillusioned electorate find adorning our ballot-papers, a role-model of empowerment, who gives us a real sense of our own right to a say and an involvement in our politics, our lives, as we make our Political choices.
Here in Australia we have Peter Garrett who, as front-man for Midnight Oil was more of a statesmen on environmental issues than since entering politics via the ALP. Appears to be gagged by the 'party-unity' clause. I would be inclined to worry if my life depended on a complex debate among intelligent informed people and no sign of argument coming from the jury room. We are mining uranium (and in consequence the Blue Sky, Peter) here in oz, world reserves stand at, enough to last 55 years at current consumption rates. The toxic life of the waste generated by that will live on for 100,000 years. Not good maths - think again.
In these days when we continue to pump waste into a world - our life-support system - that is already groaning in protest at our relentless impact. Cancers, Tsunami, Gales, Hurricanes. Still, we mine and dig for more of the same. Honestly, it's like living in a house and burning the floorboards! People live under the constant threat of Terrorism and at the same time, our elected representatives are conducting an illegal and immoral war, turning more and people into bitter, frightened, outraged reactionaries, armed only with the means to fight BACK with whatever weapon they can think of. This is not a War against Terrorism - it's a war that creates Terrorism. Like other Statesmen in their field, in their day, in their moment, Tony Benn, The REAL spirit of New Labour, John Smith, Theodore Roosevelt, Robert Burns, Lennon, Geldof, Neil Young, Steve Earle et al, Galloway speaks the truth and he is an inspiration to me and I'm determined, all at Melbourne Songwriters' Showcase. Don't allow the right-wing to discredit him, as they do and they will. Let's not leave him alone out there either. He's a different kind of soldier fighting a battle that will save many lives.
popinjay

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good first post Smile Welcome.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an interesting post for sure, I liked your line about Blue Sky Mining... I think I still have that album somewhere
legg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not so sinister or unbelievable that GG has, as I do, a belief that the Media is biased towards the establishment. Think back to the days of McCarthy and the American right-wing's Marxophobic (nice word) attempts to spread fear, encourage and allow sackings at CBS NEWS, TV, radio and the Disney Studios. The Hollywood entertainment industry communist Blacklist? A long and well documented history of struggle to sieze control of that branch of entertainment that constitutes the (mis) information industry. You got powerful territory if you occupy that! That control has allowed them to perpetrate and justify their criminal acts. How else could they have complete control over the info we rec'd as to how and by whom, Kennedy was "assassinated"? Just like they appear to have come thru 9-11 with their story intact. Aren't there enough questions, enough video footage, informed opinion and counter-argument, to merit even a small peek by lawlords in the Hague, at the circumstances surrounding that momentous day? Maybe we won't arrive at the truth and the public reaction that DEMANDS the truth, until George Clooney, Mel Gibson (now that he has nothing to lose), Oliver Stone or some other courageous, independent mind, makes a movie. Let's hope Rupert Murdoch doesn't own all the cinemas yet. GG is showing us all how and reminding us that we have a right - to demand accountability of our elected representatives!
I don't know who the ostensible (you familiar with Theodore Roosevelt's quote? - if not, I'll post it) Government is that sits behind Bush, Blair and Howard. But they would appear to be very powerful to have bulldozed UN in the face of France and Germany yet this war STILL goes on in spite of all opposition and public opinion. Wow, what happened to our voices...we got global laryngitis or something?
Imagine where the War in Iraq would be if Blair and Howard were to walk away and leave Bush alone in Iraq?
What hold can Bush and his cash-driven warlords possibly have over our Democratic(?) Nations, UK and Australia?
I believe we are about to enter another Empirical age, the Corporate Age. Complete financial domination by a few over many. It has all the hallmarks. The 'battle for hearts and minds' shows an ignorance and lack of understanding of who Iraqis/Arabs/Moslems are. GawdAlmighty, Iraq has been torn by factions for years. Let's face it, Iraqis are split on who they are. It's probably an asset in war, to be so inhumane as to not be able to see your enemy as people. His whole life is a man acting out badly, the role of a humanist. A dangerous quality I'd have thought, in a president with his power. Bush has no business in Iraq and he can't see it! He's a very dangerous man, awkward and stoopid around photo-op babies or kids. When he loses his place in any of his Condi-written speeches, he's lost for words. He can't even ad-lib on the sentiment of the script, so far is it from the sentiment in his heart! I see now why America casts among actors to find their President. Will the real George Bush please stand up! I suspect we'd see a frightened little guy who feels he's been pushed into a nightmare scenario by his dad! This idiot was brought up as the son of a president. I suppose arrogance and ignorance to the reality of anybodys life, comes wi' that territory. The fatally ignorant narcissism and monumental arrogance contained in Bush's 'shock and awe' boasts... We're creating martyrs on all sides... sacrifices on all sides... Yep, cross yerselves (oops), the romans are coming.....
legg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Fred Dibnah and George Should meet over a coffee and a sandwich and take a look at the varied footage of the twin towers coming down and Fred could give his explosive thoughts on the matter in George's Radio Show
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

legg wrote:
Maybe Fred Dibnah and George Should meet over a coffee and a sandwich and take a look at the varied footage of the twin towers coming down and Fred could give his explosive thoughts on the matter in George's Radio Show

haha, good one - but sadly I think Fred died either last year or the year before...
legg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! I dibnah ken that! Now we'll never get at the truth. Did he meet his demise under suspicious circumstances? I didn't really watch his shows but when his name comes up, I always remember a very likeable man. I think GG may have liked him.
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the difference between Fred's method, and the 911 towers, is that Fred started a fire at the base of the tower and the method favoured in New York was that the fire was started at the top.

GG says regularly the if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it is very probably a duck.

I'd say that the official version quacks away madly. It is one of the few issues that I'll disagree with GG, but I think I can understand why he takes his view. 911 is secondary to what is happening in Palestine. If there was no Palestine problem, there would have been no 911.

Sort out Palestine then get Cheyney and co. Only my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: