I'm a totalitarian nazi!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: I'm a totalitarian nazi! Reply with quote

As those of you who are members know, there is a method of security for the site that's designed to keep out most forms of trouble by personally validating all new memberships. I thought this was a perfectly reasonable approach to have but apparently it's made me a totalitarian nazi - at least according to one guy who applied...

For the benefit of others in the future who think that you should just be let in, the whole point of filtering is that we don't have to deal with a larger problem later. Would you just let some stranger into your place without asking who they are? All we want to see is that a person is someone that we want to talk to and who we think will get on with the other members.

I find it surprising that this point has to be made, but there you go...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeig heil! Ich stimme zu!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gesundheit!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danke! Laughing
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm a totalitarian nazi! Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
As those of you who are members know, there is a method of security for the site that's designed to keep out most forms of trouble by personally validating all new memberships. I thought this was a perfectly reasonable approach to have but apparently it's made me a totalitarian nazi - at least according to one guy who applied...

For the benefit of others in the future who think that you should just be let in, the whole point of filtering is that we don't have to deal with a larger problem later. Would you just let some stranger into your place without asking who they are? All we want to see is that a person is someone that we want to talk to and who we think will get on with the other members.

I find it surprising that this point has to be made, but there you go...

Sounds to me like the process has worked and that person has just proved your point Smile
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a totalitarian nazi in a kilt ??
nekokate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still wondering how I managed to get in. I came in under the radar, I think...
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:

I had one but the wheels fell off! Confused lol
behroze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faceless, at first I thought that the requirements to join this forum were a bit too much (only because I had to dig up my ISP e-mail address, which I don't use regularly). Nevertheless, I think you have right to do this and, more importantly, it is just a good idea. You "stranger" analogy sums it up very nicely.

BTW, thank you very much for recording GG's shows last weekend. I was jonesing for them when I couldn't find the Friday and Sunday show on GG's site. Living in Canada doesn't make it easy to listen to the live show.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

behroze wrote:
Faceless, at first I thought that the requirements to join this forum were a bit too much (only because I had to dig up my ISP e-mail address, which I don't use regularly). Nevertheless, I think you have right to do this and, more importantly, it is just a good idea. You "stranger" analogy sums it up very nicely.

BTW, thank you very much for recording GG's shows last weekend. I was jonesing for them when I couldn't find the Friday and Sunday show on GG's site. Living in Canada doesn't make it easy to listen to the live show.

There's a very good reason to have things that way and it's a must really.

I don't think anyone should mind since it's not much to ask or expect from anyone, especially when you consider the time it takes to maintain the site and get all the content for it like radio shows etc.

Welcome by the way.
Vortex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faceless, if you can let a man like Uncle Fester into the club, you're no nazi, but your standards must be slipping.
Thank you. You're a very fair and ethical person.
By the way, did you receive the hundred pounds 'entry fee' you asked for? ;)
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the process of disabling a lot of accounts from new members who couldn't find it in themselves to have an opinion on anything (all of whom were emailed last week and told that this would happen). I swear I really don't understand how anyone can sign up to a site, take the stuff that it offers for free and then not have the decency to say even "thanks".

All accounts older than 3 weeks will now be closed without warning if the owner doesn't use it.
Vortex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zey must be SPIES Herr Faceless!
Zees lurking double-agents are zuch schvinehunds!

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vortex wrote:
Zey must be SPIES Herr Faceless!
Zees lurking double-agents are zuch schvinehunds!

aha, zose pesky interlaupers del mondo auf RECHT son getting on my tits, vraiment!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I'm in the process of disabling a lot of accounts from new members who couldn't find it in themselves to have an opinion on anything (all of whom were emailed last week and told that this would happen). I swear I really don't understand how anyone can sign up to a site, take the stuff that it offers for free and then not have the decency to say even "thanks".

All accounts older than 3 weeks will now be closed without warning if the owner doesn't use it.

I'm glad you're doing that. The selfish twats don't deserve access to bugger all if they can't even say a simple thanks. It takes all of a minute to write a wee post, and the ones that say hi in the welcome thread and don't post a thing after that should be included. Who gives a rats arse what their name is. If they can't say anything after that then they're a waste of space.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: