'Rotenburg cannibal'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: 'Rotenburg cannibal' Reply with quote

A German man who killed and ate an apparently willing victim has been sentenced to life in prison after he was found guilty of murder.

Armin Meiwes, 44, was sentenced to eight-and-a-half years in prison in 2004 after being found guilty of the manslaughter of Bernd Juergen Brandes.

But a judge ordered a retrial after ruling the sentence was too lenient.

During the trial, prosecutors said Meiwes, of Rotenburg, had a "fetish for human flesh" and could re-offend.

This has been one of the most extraordinary trials in German criminal history, says the BBC's Tristana Moore in Berlin.

At the retrial, the prosecution made a graphic case that Meiwes was guilty of murder and argued he should never be released from prison.

In a key moment, a psychologist said Meiwes could reoffend and he himself had admitted he still had fantasies about devouring the flesh of attractive young people, says the BBC's Ray Furlong in Berlin.

A video which Armin Meiwes filmed during the acts of cannibalism was central to the prosecution's case.

They said the video proved that Meiwes killed his victim for his own sexual pleasure.

Armin Meiwes's lawyer had admitted his client had a fetish for human flesh, but always claimed he was no danger to society.

Mr Brandes had agreed to the idea after making contact with his killer on an internet chatroom - a fact that led the court to convict Meiwes of the less serious charge of manslaughter at his trial in 2004.

Known as the "Rotenburg cannibal", Meiwes placed an advert on the internet before meeting his victim, 43-year-old computer engineer Bernd Juergen Brandes.

The pair met at Meiwes's home in Rotenburg in March 2001, where they had sex before Meiwes cut off Brandes's penis, which the men then cooked and attempted to eat.

Meiwes later stabbed and killed Brandes, before cutting him to pieces and freezing parts of his body, some of which he later ate.

:grr:
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a documentary on this sicko a good while back and was completely grossed out with what they'd shown.

He has to be one of the oddest characters I've ever seen in my bloody life, and the one he met on the net that wanted to be killed and eaten is right up there with him.

It seems there's so much happening on the net that I was oblivious too. It's really bizarre.

And here I thought people on the couch were a bit mad. I've come to realise WE'RE the normal ones of the lot! Razz
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG -- that made my stomach turn! Reminds me of Jeffrey Dahmer.... no

So, what was the outcome of the retrial???
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:

He was found guilty of murder and got life in prison...

I don't think he should have though - it's a crime against sensibilities, but not against society as a whole.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find any links to it right now but I recall something like this happening elsewhere (might have been the usa) somewhere between 7 & 9 years ago...
It was also an odd one, this story triggered my memory on the other story / case.

Like this the one that died was willing, the killer / cannibal was sentanced to life despite pleading to manslaughter.
The "Victim" was basicly going to die due to an illness, the killer agreed to help the 'victim' die (Euthanasia).
Due to Euthanasia being illegal in the place it occured the victim convinced the killer (prior to death... duh) to eat their remains as a means to 'dispose' of the body.
Two fatal flaws resulted.

The first being the killer ate the victims liver & kidneys first, not a good idea after the victim was euthanised by ways of a massivly fatal overdose from a concoction of drugs (illicet & prescribed).
The second flaw, Chopping up the body, putting it in bags in a chest freezer (no pun intended) & labling the bags with things such as 'Leg' / Head / Arm etc...

The killer was found out after being admitted to hospital, after bloodtests showed traces of many drugs (from the toxins in the liver & kidneys) most of which were illicit or hardcore cat' A prescribed, police raided his home to seek drugs & found the chopped up remains.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Kezza wrote:

I don't think he should have though - it's a crime against sensibilities, but not against society as a whole.

I had to take a delay on responding to your response as I smell a windup :shocked: I'm still confused and that doesn't happen too often. Nice one! lol
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
Kezza wrote:

I had to take a delay on responding to your response as I smell a windup :shocked: I'm still confused and that doesn't happen too often. Nice one! lol

Well, to me it's the same as saying that, for example, being whipped in an S+M situation is an assault that should be treated in the same way as if that person was attacked in the street.

Not that I'm into that kind of thing, but it's up to the people involved.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
Kezza wrote:

Well, to me it's the same as saying that, for example, being whipped in an S+M situation is an assault that should be treated in the same way as if that person was attacked in the street.

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
Kezza wrote:

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
Kezza wrote:

IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
Kezza wrote:

Well a couple went there and backed out at the last minute, and this one he did end up eating was drugged and given plenty of drink before he was butchered, so perhaps if not under the influence he'd of changed his mind, and if that's the case then to me it's a crime......and we'll never know will we?

I realise one shouldn't be punished for being a complete kink sicko, but when a death is involved it has to be addressed legally.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
Kezza wrote:

Well a couple went there and backed out at the last minute, and this one he did end up eating was drugged and given plenty of drink before he was butchered, so perhaps if not under the influence he'd of changed his mind, and if that's the case then to me it's a crime......and we'll never know will we?

I realise one shouldn't be punished for being a complete kink sicko, but when a death is involved it has to be addressed legally.

The fact that other people walked away unharmed suggests to me that the guy is not a threat to the public though, and isn't that the point of jail?

Still, no matter what I say about this, I still wouldn't want to be stuck in a lift with the guy...
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
Kezza wrote:

The fact that other people walked away unharmed suggests to me that the guy is not a threat to the public though, and isn't that the point of jail?

Still, no matter what I say about this, I still wouldn't want to be stuck in a lift with the guy...

The intention alone of doing such an act tells me he's in the right place and should stay there a very long time, or at the very least an insane asylum. If you take someones life no matter what the situation is, I believe the person must pay a penalty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: