Manchester United Fans Only..Don't Like Them? DON'T ENTER!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Manchester United Fans Only..Don't Like Them? DON'T ENTER! Reply with quote

This isn't a thread for slagging off Manchester United. This is for their fans to have some peace and to relish in their glory!

If you'd like to post articles about them go ahead.....but if you want to be negative about them then you have the rest of the sports section do to that.

Don't hate them cuz they're great.....just bow down and take your lumps bitches!

nyer
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man United 3 Man City 1

Cristiano Ronaldo celebrated his Player of the Month award with a killer assist for Wayne Rooney and a crucial third goal as United went nine points clear at the top of the Premiership.

Ronaldo had barely handed back his Barclays trophy when he won the first free-kick, just ten seconds into this lunchtime contest. His assailant wasn?t Ben Thatcher, too slow out of the traps as Cristiano skipped past him; instead it was Joey Barton who steamed in to send the Reds winger flying over the South Stand touchline.

United?s first corner caused some alarm in the City rearguard as Carrick rose to glance a header wide from Giggs? curling setpiece. Another cross from the right set up Wayne Rooney for a fantastic first goal in the 5th minute.

Ronaldo took the ball down on his chest, strode defiantly towards the baying away support and whipped the yellow sphere into the box with his right foot. The low centre beat not one but two miskicking centre-halves ? the apparently solid duo of Distin and Dunne ? and landed perfectly for Rooney to gleefully grab the opener.

With the Blues reeling, the Reds almost bagged an immediate follow-up as Saha threaded a pass through to Rooney. But as Wayne bore down on goal and prepared to pull the trigger, City skipper Dunne dropped to his knees and somehow smuggled the ball away from danger. It was a fortunate escape for a frantic defence.

The only surprise about United?s bright start was the first goal preceding the inevitable first booking for Thatcher on Ronaldo. It took the Wales full-back 15 minutes to get himself in bother for a bodycheck on the Reds? number seven.

City?s other full-back, Micah Richards, lived up to his growing reputation when he came close to scoring a shock equaliser. A high ball dropped beyond the battling Vidic and Samaras on the edge of the box and the advancing Richards, under challenge

9 Point gap cheerleader

Nice dive by Carradi the bloody fool. They should hand out eggs to the fans and when arsewipes like him get caught out it should be a rule to egg the bastards as they're walking off the pitch Razz
btaylo24
King of the PowderRoom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was a good game, that diving fool. He must be so ashamed of himself the bit wally. I bet Stuart P will give him an ear full...

3-1 We are GOING ALL THE WAY!!!!!

Barry
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Irish.... was this the game that was on this morning? If it was I managed to catch the first goal by Rooney about five minutes or so into the game then, alas, I had to get ready for work.

A girl could get hooked on this stuff, ya know! wink
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Hey Irish.... was this the game that was on this morning? If it was I managed to catch the first goal by Rooney about five minutes or so into the game then, alas, I had to get ready for work.

A girl could get hooked on this stuff, ya know! wink

Yep that was the match Smile Too bad you had to go in and missed it. Was pure entertainment I tell ye!

A girl can get hooked on it for sure. My jersey collection isn't just what I have here. I've a few more at home lol

The white one is the newest. It's a special anniversary edition jersey and just beautiful. Of course they're all loaded with full badges for that extra butch look Laughing
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the things for watching matches! A true supporter you are!!! thumbs
btaylo24
King of the PowderRoom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irishm

Whats ur fav manu kit of all times?

barry
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fergie hints at more surprises

Sir Alex Ferguson has hinted he could be ready to make another surprise addition to his squad to follow the capture of Henrik Larsson.

The Manchester United manager worked his magic in the transfer market to bring the Swedish striker to Old Trafford on a loan deal that begins in January, and it has been suggested that Larsson represents the limit of his New Year acquisitions.

However Ferguson has now suggested he may yet have another ace up his sleeve as The Red Devils look to consolidate their place at the top of the Premiership.

"You never know, I may sign someone else," said Ferguson.

"No-one expected Henrik Larsson and I might surprise everyone again."

United's usurpation of rivals Chelsea has seen Ferguson in his element, with the mind games coming thick and fast from both Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge.

Now the master of managerial psychology has gone on the offensive again after Jose Mourinho suggested United's five-point lead is, in reality, just two as The Red Devils have to visit Stamford Bridge on 14th April.

"Apparently we have already lost a game which was due to be played in April," laughed Ferguson

"It's quite good really because we can have a rest on that weekend now. I can put my reserve team out, so we can save our energies for the next game.

"You never know. We could actually win, or we might be 20 points clear. I think the best thing for us to do is concentrate on ourselves because we are doing the right things."

I've a feeling he's hinting Beckham may return. It's just a hunch I have like the surprise would have to be something nobody would expect.

I don't think Becks would suit the current United team playing in his position of right wing but could be played in central midfield which may work. With Scholes being injured they're lacking bigtime in that area.

The transfer window opens officially Jan 1st but it could be announced anytime before then, and being American, the Glazers like to do things the fancy way, hense announcing deals for players on Xmas day like they did last year with Vidic.....sort of like a gift to the fans, so it could happen this year as well.

What do you think Barry? Any ideas of what the surprise is?
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btaylo24 wrote:
Irishm

Whats ur fav manu kit of all times?

barry

I'd love to get my hands on a 1968 European Cup Final jersey with George Bests number on it I'd get it framed in an air tight mount with maybe a signed picture of him set in if that's at all possible, but I'm sure it'd be pretty hard to come by or cost bucketloads.

It's not a colour that really represents united but it's the nicest looking one Best wore in my opinion and I want something from his time with Man U
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if you'll see this in time eefan but Man U play West Ham on sunday Dec 17th at 11am on Fox Sportsworld. It should be a tough game and one worth watching.

Hope you see this before it starts footie
btaylo24
King of the PowderRoom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a good win for our boys. On here at 3am so I will watch it in the morning when I get up got (work monday am)

When does Henrik start to play? Jan?

Barry
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btaylo24 wrote:
Should be a good win for our boys. On here at 3am so I will watch it in the morning when I get up got (work monday am)

When does Henrik start to play? Jan?

Barry

Yep thumbs
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad I knew it was going to be a tough match.

There was no way they could maintain the form they were in with a near perfect record. Xmas is a tough period because the games are so close together, but with Henrik Larsson coming in january for the 10 week loan he should make a difference.

They'll do well against Aston Villa and Wigan ....I hope!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Don't know if you'll see this in time eefan but Man U play West Ham on sunday Dec 17th at 11am on Fox Sportsworld. It should be a tough game and one worth watching.

Alas, here it is, 6:30 on Sunday night and now I'm reading this! But thanks for thinking of me Smile
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

Alas, here it is, 6:30 on Sunday night and now I'm reading this! But thanks for thinking of me Smile

No problem eefan. Was a good match and tough just like I'd mentioned. United lost but as I said they had to somewhere along the way because nobody can keep up the form they have.

Next match is Saturday, December 23. Kick-off at 10:00:00 AM. I'll let you know what channel beforehand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: