Man Utd vs Celtic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
btaylo24
King of the PowderRoom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it ...I never knew that...I thought Old Traford with its 76,000 + was the biggest (excluding Twick'ham)

Its nice when supporters cheer an old player, somebody who served them well....Manu were cheering Andy Cole the other day and it was a nice touch!

He was pure class in a glass for Manu!

Barry
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btaylo24 wrote:
Is it ...I never knew that...I thought Old Traford with its 76,000 + was the biggest (excluding Twick'ham)

Its nice when supporters cheer an old player, somebody who served them well....Manu were cheering Andy Cole the other day and it was a nice touch!

He was pure class in a glass for Manu!

Barry

ah right - I was basing my numbers on a few years back and it turns out the full capacity of Celtic Park is 60832, so I'm wrong again!. But did Man U not add more seats only last year or something?

I found this on answers.com: "In 2002 Celtic Park took 59.9% of the votes in a BBC Radio Five Live poll to find the UK's favourite sporting venue, out-polling the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff and Lord's Cricket Ground in London."
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
btaylo24 wrote:
I'm a Red as well, and proud of it!

""WE WAS ROBBED!!!!""

Barry

Mad

you were doing so well until this point!

Celtic beat Man U through the individual skills of Nakamura and Boruc and brilliant team spirit from the rest, and that's all there is to it - Man U did the usual and just assumed they were going to win, sitting on their big fat bastard laurels too much and then beaten by a team who showed more spark in the last 10 minutes.

How many of you Man U fans are actually from Manchester I wonder?

thumbs

Well if you mean how many of us here are then you already know both Disco and myself aren't and what difference does that really make? None whatsoever!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
btaylo24 wrote:

""WE WAS ROBBED!!!!""

Barry

Mad

Celtic beat Man U through the individual skills of Nakamura and Boruc and brilliant team spirit from the rest, and that's all there is to it - Man U did the usual and just assumed they were going to win, sitting on their big fat bastard laurels too much and then beaten by a team who showed more spark in the last 10 minutes.

thumbs

Well if you mean how many of us here are then you already know both Disco and myself aren't and what difference does that really make? None whatsoever!

it makes a big difference if you ask me - it would be like me supporting Feyenoord. They're a good team, but why would I choose them instead of a local team?
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
btaylo24 wrote:

""WE WAS ROBBED!!!!""

Barry

Mad

thumbs

it makes a big difference if you ask me - it would be like me supporting Feyenoord. They're a good team, but why would I choose them instead of a local team?

You like who you like is what it comes down to? I like reggae music but does that make me a dick because I'm not Jamaican or from the islands? Does that make me any less authentic a fan?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
btaylo24 wrote:

""WE WAS ROBBED!!!!""

Barry

Mad

thumbs

You like who you like is what it comes down to? I like reggae music but does that make me a dick because I'm not Jamaican or from the islands? Does that make me any less authentic a fan?

In the past, the West Indies were the only place where you could get good reggae/dub - but that's not the case any more. If I liked reggae I'd support my local bands or djs, even though I'd go and see the big names also, cos that's how you encourage new blood. And it's the same with football isn't it?
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
btaylo24 wrote:

""WE WAS ROBBED!!!!""

Barry

Mad

thumbs

In the past, the West Indies were the only place where you could get good reggae/dub - but that's not the case any more. If I liked reggae I'd support my local bands or djs, even though I'd go and see the big names also, cos that's how you encourage new blood. And it's the same with football isn't it?

In your eyes obviously
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
btaylo24 wrote:

""WE WAS ROBBED!!!!""

Barry

Mad

thumbs

In your eyes obviously

go on then - explain how it is different
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
btaylo24 wrote:

""WE WAS ROBBED!!!!""

Barry

Mad

thumbs

In your eyes obviously

go on then - explain how it is different

No why would I bother? I don't agree with you and I'm not going to feed into the bullshit that I'm not a REAL fan because of my geographics. I find it ridiculous! .......and that's ALL I have to say about it.
Disco

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,

My father played for Manchested United for a season (only ever made it as far as the reserves but did manage to play with Geroge Best a few times) so I have a reason to support them.

If you've ever watched league of Ireland football you'll know that the standard is awful which is why lots of Irish people support English teams.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disco wrote:
Well,

My father played for Manchested United for a season (only ever made it as far as the reserves but did manage to play with Geroge Best a few times) so I have a reason to support them.

If you've ever watched league of Ireland football you'll know that the standard is awful which is why lots of Irish people support English teams.

fair enough - and that's quite a cool story for sure.

I've never watched much Irish soccer but Derry City (are they in the Irish league or is it separate?) played Gretna (Scottish Cup finalists, amazingly enough) during the summer in a UEFA qualifier and crushed them pretty well - 5-1.
Disco

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But lets face it, Scottish football is pretty bad too with the exception of Rangers and Celtic. Irish football has even changed its season so that we play through the summer in the hope of doing better in Europe.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when you've got a small country such as Scotland or Ireland it's not surpising that the leagues aren't as good as those in bigger countries. Also, look at Holland - they've only a few good league teams, but they make a big impact on the international level regularly and I think a lot of that is down to them having good support at grassroots (including good training for kids).
Disco

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all the money here goes towards the GAA, Our soccer team doesn't even have it's own stadium.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading something about Irish folk not wanting to play footie in the early days as it was only really played by the British army - is that right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: