Borat's flash of talent
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Thanks for posting those. Was funny as hell. I can't wait to see that film Very Happy

same here - I'll even take a cam-capture pirate when they appear at the weekend... and I never usually would take one of them
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borat storms UK box office chart

Spoof Kazakh reporter Borat's cinematic debut has gone straight to the top of the UK and Ireland box office chart.
The film, starring Sacha Baron Cohen, took ?6.2m - one of the highest tallies this year for a debut in the UK. The controversial film knocked horror flick Saw III off the top spot, which had been at number one for two weeks. The only other new entry inside the top 10 was Sixty Six, which tells the story of a boy whose Bar Mitzvah clashes with England's World Cup final appearance.

Borat confounded expectations by reaching the top of the North American box office charts, having been tipped to debut well behind The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause, which opened in second place. Fashion-based film The Devil Wears Prada still makes it into the top five in its fifth week since release. But the movie, starring Meryl Streep, surrendered its lead in the worldwide box office stakes after four weeks to Borat, which made $18.6m (?9.7m) in 17 countries.

In Germany, Borat was unable to displace homegrown hit Seven Dwarves, which stayed at number one for a second week.

---------------

stupid bladdy jormans!

nyer
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love him. He just makes me laugh. Last night on HBO they were showing Da Ali G show again. I had to watch!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a "cam" rip of the movie, but it really was so bad that I couldn't watch it. bah!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This video is from a week ago last Friday - I meant to put it up earlier, but my horse had the flu. shhh
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, tonight..... I'm just waiting for him to come on right now!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAGSHEMASH, my News in the World friends?it Borat here with terrible reportings to make about infamous Jew Sacha Baron Cohen. He has finally convinced Isla Fisher to make a marriage with him next summer after she choose to turn into a Jew last week.

She convert because he won't "marry outside his faith" but I wonder why they want to get married in first place?he not even related to her. Anyway, that Rav Singh of News in World on ball when he reveal back in 2002 they having sexytime together after he meet the pretty ex-House And Away star through friends. He nearly as good reporter as me!

The couple have now been together for five years?longer than my 11-year-old son Hooeylewis's first marriage. Source close to couple tell me this: "It took Isla nearly a year to fully convert and they're making wedding plans. Sacha can't wait?and there'll be a lot of A-list celebs there."

It not first time Isla is making wedding plans. She once engaged to Darren Day?a great man revered in Kazakhstan for clean lifestyle and faithfulness to women. He only have two on go at once. Very restrained! Sacha, famous for ?Da Ali Gee Show', also once linked to 11 O'Clock Show co-host Daisy Donovan. But that is all in past now.

This is the end of my reportings, I hope you like!

---------------------
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

click on this link to hear a 45 minute interview with the man behind Borat, Sacha Baron Cohen. From www.npr.org

mms://wm.npr.org/wm.npr.na-central/fa/20070104_fa_01.wma
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lawsuit over Ali G's 'bitch' rant

Sacha Baron Cohen has been hit with another lawsuit – this time from a woman who claims she was defamed in Da Ali G Show. The British woman who lives in California sued under the anonymous pseudonym Jane Doe, and claimed against a segment in which Ali G referred to her as a ‘bitch’ that he ‘used to go out with’. The full transcript, contained in the court documents obtained by American TV’s Access Hollywood programme, reveals the character is talking about someone called Heddi Cundle.

While interviewing Gore Vidal in 2004, the phoney rapper said: ‘Me used to go out with this bitch called Heddi Cundle and she used to always trying amend herself. Y’know, get her hair done in highlights, get like tattoo done on her batty crease, y’know have the whole thing shaved - very nice but it didn’t make any more difference. She was still a minger and so, y’know me had enough and once me got her pregnant me said alright, laters.’

The plaintiff claims she once knew Baron Cohen, having met him during a trip to Israel in 1987 but went their separate ways. Her lawsuit seeks damage for: libel, slander, invasion of privacy, fraud, negligent misrepresentation and negligent infliction of emotional distress. Her lawyers said Ali G’s rant was libellous because: ‘It clearly exposes plaintiff to hatred, contempt, ridicule and obloquy because it outright imputes unchastity to her.’

The papers suggest a settlement was reached with broadcasters HBO in November 2004 to remove her name in future broadcasts worldwide, but she says she later discovered the offending material on YouTube and on Finnish TV.

-----------------

ffs!!!

crazed
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Kazakhstan: 'Borat' just a joke
The Associated Press
05/26/2007

MEXICO CITY- Miss Kazakhstan said her country is preparing its own movie in response to "Borat," the hit comedy that portrayed the Central Asian nation as bigoted and backward. Gauhkar Rakhmetalieva, a contestant to the Miss Universe beauty pageant, said her government is filming the movie to show the nation's positive sides. But she said "Borat" brought much-need publicity to Kazakhstan and there should be no hard feelings. In the end we have to understand that it was only a joke," Rakhmetalieva said ahead of Monday's Miss Universe pageant in Mexico City. "The advantage is that now our country is world famous. As people are looking toward us, we have the opportunity to show how we really are: a modern country with infrastructure and a very developed culture."

British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen's film, which has the full name "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan," won several awards but angered some for its portrayal of Kazakhstan. The movie also poked fun at Americans.

-----------------
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borat pens book of travel advice
May 26, 2007

Fictional Kazakh television reporter Borat Sagdiyev, who made movie audiences around the world laugh and cringe as he toured the United States, is going into print with a book of travel advice. Borat, the creation of British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, has signed a book deal with Flying Dolphin Press, an imprint of Random House Inc.'s Doubleday Broadway Publishing Group. Suzanne Herz, publisher of Flying Dolphin Press, said it will be two books in one - one half a guide to the United States for Kazakhs and the other half a guide to Kazakhstan for Westerners.

The book, to be released in hardcover, will have a dual title: Borat: Touristic Guidings To Minor Nation of US and A. and Borat: Touristic Guidings To Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan. "There is one and only Borat and we are honored to have him join our pantheon of international writers," Herz said in a statement.

----------------------
Bat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who doesn't find Borat funny at all?
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bat wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't find Borat funny at all?

Nope, I don't think he is funny either.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borat 'dead'
December 22, 2007
www.smh.com.au

British actor-comedian Sacha Baron Cohen says the time has come to shed forever his persona as Borat, the boorish, oversexed, TV journalist from Kazakhstan who became a surprise box office sensation last year. In a rare interview as himself, Cohen told Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper he found it painful to abandon his Borat character, and another of his oddball alter egos, Ali G, but felt both had become too familiar to the public.

Cohen created both personae as devices for improvised social satire, in which people he interacted with in interviews or casual encounters became his unsuspecting comic foils. His act was most famously showcased in last year's movie phenomenon Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, a faux documentary of the Central Asian reporter on a cross-country US road trip.

"When I was being Ali G and Borat, I was in character sometimes 14 hours a day and I came to love them. So admitting I am never going to play them again is quite a sad thing," he told the newspaper. "It is like saying goodbye to a loved one. It is hard, and the problem with success, although it's fantastic, is that every new person who sees the Borat movie is one less person I 'get' with Borat again, so it's a kind of self-defeating form, really."

The Borat film was a box office smash that turned Cohen's cluelessly offensive Central Asian character - complete with thick moustache, wild-eyed grin and boisterous catch phrases like "Very nice!" and "Sexytime!" - into a household name. The film benefited in part from publicity sparked by Kazakh officials protesting the unflattering portrait of their country as a backward nation of misogynists and anti-Semites.

Speaking from a hotel in Los Angeles where he now lives with his Australian actress girlfriend Isla Fisher and newborn daughter Olive, Cohen said he was sorry to leave Borat behind. "But the success has been great and better than anything I could have dreamed of," said Cohen, who is currently starring with Johnny Depp in the musical Sweeney Todd, playing Pirelli, a rival singing barber who meets a bloody end at Todd's hands.

Since creating Ali G and Borat, Cohan has rarely given interviews out of character. He said it was much easier for him like that - and more entertaining. "I think it can get a little (bit) tiresome if you're having to be the real person and talking about how important and interesting the role was," he said. Cohen is now finishing work on his next project in which he plays Bruno, a gay, Austrian fashion reporter who like Borat was introduced on his TV program Da Ali G Show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Comedy News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: