Coriander-Cashew Crusted Porkloin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
namloop

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Coriander-Cashew Crusted Porkloin Reply with quote

I made this up myself when I didn't have the ingredients for walnut crusted porkloin. ITS QUITE MINIMILIST. AND ONLY TAKES AN HALF HOUR TO PREP.

Meat Stuff:1 2LB OR SO PORKLOIN, FRESH IS BEST, AT LEAST LET IT FULLY THAW. MAKE SURE IT IS DRY WITH PAPER TOWEL OR A CLOTH. PUT CLOTH IN LAUNDRY!!!

Dry Stuff: BLITZ A CUP OF BREADCRUMBS FROM BREADENDS IN A FOOD PROCESSER. SET ASIDE
BLITZ A CUP OF COOKED CASHEWS IN FOOD PROCESSER ADD BREADCRUMBS AND A PINCH OR SO OF SALT THEN BLITZ ALL TOGETHER TILL THOROUGHLY MIXED. REMOVE FROM PROCESSER AND PUT IN BOWL NEARBY.

Wet Stuff: QUARTER CUP EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, HALF A CUP OF GOOD DIJON MUSTARD, A HANDFUL FRESH CORIANDER/CILANTRO LEAVES, 4 CLOVES GARLIC, AND A TEASPOON OF FRESH GROUND PEPPER. BLITZ THE HECK OUT OF THIS STUFF IN THE FOOD PROCESSER UNTIL ITS A HOMOGENOUS PASTE. BUT DON'T GO TO CRAZY YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO SEE LITTLE GREEN SPECKS OF CORIANDER IN THERE AT LEAST.

Alreet lets put this piece together:

I PRETTY MUCH BUTTER THE LOIN WITH THE PASTE MAKING SURE ALL IS COVERED. AFTER THIS LEAVE THE LOIN ON A PLATE POUR THE DRY MIXTURE OVERTOP AND JUST START PRESSING IT ON UNTIL THE WHOLE THING IS ENCASED AND IT LOOKS SORT OF LIKE A LOAF OF BREAD. YOU COULD LEAVE TO MARINATE BUT I NEVER DO.

Cooking Instructions: PLACE IN AN OPEN ROASTING PAN COOK FOR 40 MIN OR SO AT 380 F.IF STARTS TO OVERBROWN PLACE FOIL OVER TOP. PRICK THROUGH A SMALL SHARP KNIFE TO CENTRE IF JUICES RUN CLEAR AND NOT RED ITS DONE. MAKES SOME REALLY GOOD GRAVY TOO.
cori

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TU Sounds worth trying, would you serve that with a side of mash & vege
namloop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep perfect with mash or roast potatoes. Also you can pretty much substitute the coriander and cashews for any herb and nut combination you have around. And you don't have to be too too picky with mustard, frenchs will do in a pinch.
janbo1960

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds nice... could you leave out the Pork and have it as a veggie dish perhaps!!
cori

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Namloop TU, finally got around to preparing this dish last night albeit a little different. Only had hazelnuts and no cilantro, however it was excellent, followed your instructions and there was not a single piece left Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: