Adobe CS2 for free

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Adobe CS2 for free Reply with quote

Since a few days Adobe made their CS2 suite available for free. In the beginning there was a measure of cynicism, that seemed to have been backed up later when adobe said that they never did infact release it for free.
Thing is though, that they did. Perhaps unwittingly and some "poor" adobe employee is an ex "poor" adobe employee, and maybe it's a clever strategy. It is though, as far as I can make out free and legal, and I've trawled a lot of sites this morning trying to find out the truth.

All they had to do was take the page down. They haven't.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

from the cs2 eula,

2. Software License.
If you obtained the Software from Adobe or one of its authorized licensees and as
long as you comply with the terms of this agreement, Adobe grants you a non-exclusive license to use the
Software in the manner and for the purposes described in the Documentation, as further set forth below.
See Section 14 for specific provisions related to certain components.

http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/pdfs/Gen_WWCombinedCS2.pdf
page 129

and as you got the software from Adobe, and as you got the serial from Adobe, you are entitled to use it. Some people have had laywers look at this, and they say that Adobe screwed up, that along with Adobes message,

"Effective December 13, Adobe disabled the activation server for CS2 products and Acrobat 7 because of a technical glitch. These products were released over 7 years ago and do not run on many modern operating systems. But to ensure that any customers activating those old versions can continue to use their software, we issued a serial number directly to those customers. While this might be interpreted as Adobe giving away software for free, we did it to help our customers."

is good enough for me.

Have fun. they all work fine on my win 7 btw, and do on win 8.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one, I was looking for Premiere Pro
luke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice! thanks sauce

is cs2 an older version? cos i've got photoshop cs5 and flash cs5, or is cs2 just the version of the whole creative suite bundle?

strange that they're still allowing it to be downloaded!

edit - just noticed that cs2 contains photoshop cs2, so i guess it is an older version, still - i'm grabbing the rest of it anyway - just in case!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, it is the old package - Premiere Pro 2 is from 2005. And it doesn't work for me on Windows 7/64. I looked for info and it seems it should work, but it just dies after the initial startup logo
luke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the clarification face, i'd just edited my post above before i saw your post as i saw the version numbers

i should be alright though, i'm still using windows xp!
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't tried prem pro, prefer sony vegas, but that's not really the point ..
luke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is great, i've been meaning to learn illustrator, and this older version will probably work better on my current computer than their latest version Smile i only want it for doing logos in vector format!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: