Marinated Pork Tenderloins

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cori

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Marinated Pork Tenderloins Reply with quote

For the balsamic-rosemary marinade:
2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
2 Tbs. soy sauce
4 1/2 tsp. firmly packed golden brown sugar
3/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh rosemary
5 garlic cloves, chopped

2 pork tenderloins, about 2 1/2 lb. total,
trimmed
Salt, to taste

To make the balsamic-rosemary marinade, in a food processor, combine the vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar and pepper and pulse until blended. With the motor running, drop the rosemary and garlic through the feed tube and continue to process until fairly smooth. Place the tenderloins in a nonreactive dish and pour the marinade over them. Cover and let stand at room temperature, turning occasionally, for up to 2 hours.

Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Remove the tenderloins from the marinade, reserving the marinade.

Grill the meat over the hottest part of a charcoal fire or directly over the heat elements of a gas grill. Turn the meat every 4 to 5 minutes and baste with the marinade for up to 5 minutes before the meat is done until cooked to your liking, about 20 minutes total for medium (slightly pink at the center and juicy).

Transfer the tenderloins to a carving board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Carve into slices across the grain and at an angle to the cutting board. Season with salt. Serve the tenderloins hot, warm or at room temperature. Serves 4 to 6.

Did this last night nothing was left after I made hubby a sandwich with a chutney/mayo mixture. I served this with rice and a salad with Asian dressing - it was not only tasty but as tender as butter, I think I'll try the marinade with chicken breasts next clap
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drools....

agree
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmm...I just happen to have a pork tenderloin in the freezer. I know what we'll be having for dinner this weekend! agree
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Mmmmm...I just happen to have a pork tenderloin in the freezer. I know what we'll be having for dinner this weekend! agree

I was kind of thinking the same thing myself!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: