Demonstration in Gaza in support of Syrian rebels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Demonstration in Gaza in support of Syrian rebels Reply with quote

Good on them - even in the face of their own daily abuse, they speak out for others.
SuBSynK

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea why any Palestinian would support the Syrian rebels when it has just been proven that Saudi, Quatar & the U.S are arming and supporting them.

CIA, MI5 and Mossad agents are also on the ground around the border between Turkey and Syria this is now a certainty...

Of course i want to see no civilians die but to fall into the trap of supporting Saudi/Mossad backed "rebels" because of biased news reports and massacres that noone has yet properly investigated is totally blind and naive.

Its almost as though the people that support Syrian intervention have forgotten Iraq... or Libya!!

What do those that want intervention think will happen to Syria under the "rebel" control?...

Any force supported by Israel/US/Saudi and being used to otherthrow a government is suspect and the extreme acts that these "rebels" have been filmed doing such as torturing soldiers and dragging their bodies through the streets till they are pulp proves to me they are extremists and cannot be trusted.

Personally i back the Syrian regime over any terrorists or "rebels" commiting crimes in the country. Same as i would with any other country.

The few thousand "rebels" (at most) in Homs and other small rebel held areas should stop the terrorism and attacks on the Syrian army then maybe their areas will be stop being shelled...

The SFA are a terrorist group (they fit any definition of the term) declaring areas independent, planting bombs, killing civilians/army/police in ambushes and all sponsored with direct aid/arms from countries which are long term enemies of Syria and have a vested interest in causing as much chaos as possible...

Iam shocked to see support for the intervention in Syria and even more so from people that are not ignorant and should know better.

I really hope this will not be deleted...since the last lime we attempted to discuss this from both angles the thread was butchered.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Personally i back the Syrian regime over any terrorists or "rebels" commiting crimes in the country. Same as i would with any other country.

What, like the British occupiers of Ireland? Those damn Irish! They should have accepted their place under the yoke of oppression, right?

The last thread wasn't 'butchered' - it was edited to get rid of so much shit. Anyway, well done to the people of Gaza for reaching out to those who are suffering in Syria. Here's a video in which Max Blumenthal explains why he resigned from Al Akhbar over their editorial support of Assad. Well done him for having the courage of his convictions.

SuBSynK

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you really suggesting invasion and occupation of another persons country is the same as a fake "rebel uprising" being supported to the tune of hundreds of millions by a countries enemies...seriously?

I support to this day the Irish in their struggle against the occupation of their country and do not support any form of intervention anywhere on the planet.

Others seem to pick and choose which interventions are ok.. to pick the Saudi/mossad CIA backed mercenaries proven to be commiting terror is not in my opinion sensible.

As for the Palestinians there have been several marches supporting the Syrian regime across Gaza too, since they understand who are their enemies and their friends and only the blind would support a mercanery army bankrolled by their enemies!

Erm the last thread had all replies that supported the Syrian regime cut out of it, seemed pretty butchered to me and being a political forum i think it is very wrong to delete opinions that you do not agree with.

Seems like some people have been sucked in by the anti Syrian propaganda, lies and false reporting.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ireland was part of the United Kingdom, all under one government, so the comparison is entirely reasonable. Also, if the people there were given fair reign over their own affairs then there would never have been the support for the IRA that there was. And by the same token, if the Syrian government had given the Sunni people real (not notional) representation then none of this would be happening.

The only rules on this site are the ones I feel necessary depending on the situation - and I won't have liars pretending to be one thing (as that guy was who claimed to be a Sunni while condemning all the rebels as terrorists), when, in fact, they very much have their own agenda.

I despise the idea of debating whether the murder of civilians is acceptable - particularly when the killers are paid for by the government.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, because I'm against the Syrian military murdering its own civilians, I therefore support external intervention? What bullshit George talks sometimes.

I support the political movement by Syrians to force change within the Syrian government to give its people fair representation.
SuBSynK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

""Ireland was part of the United Kingdom, all under one government, so the comparison is entirely reasonable. ""

No, Ireland was still under occupation & fighting for its freedom, Northern Ireland still is...

""I support the political movement by Syrians to force change within the Syrian government to give its people fair representation.""

I agree but i will not support the arming of people to commit acts of terror.
This kind of Saudi/Zionist/US/UK intervention is not helpful and is exactly what i oppose.
Personally i find the idea of western intervention offensive and as we saw in Libya we have learnt nothing from our past mistakes. Leave the Syrian people to sort out their own problems...

If the FSA had not taken this violent route and were not backed by the enemies of Syria they possibly would have more support in the country and the revolution would look more like egypt and less like a civil war ie Libya.

I agree with George, to support the FSA is to support intervention... since the FSA are armed terrorists/insurgents, whos wages are being paid by the enemies of Syria.

Just like Iraq we are being sleepwalked into another western invasion/intervention and no amount of propaganda/media spin will change the fact that intervention is wrong and more to the point has proven to be counter productive over and over again.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It brings a tear to my eye to see such support for the Syrian government's thugs. I've seen this a lot lately - many people seem determined that this has to be all a conspiracy borne out of nothing but pro-Zionist interest. You seem to discount the position of those rebelling because the government they're rebelling against is supposedly anti-zionist and anti-imperialist. You're turning a blind eye.

Quote:
The military responded with brutal counter-insurgency techniques. These techniques included house demolitions, collective punishments of towns, executions, population transfers, and the use of heavy armor in urban neighborhoods.

These were the methods by which the French quashed a similar uprising in Syria during 1920s. Ironic eh?

George says in that video that Syria will "break up into emirates" if the rebels are successful - but that's not something which is supported by facts at all. The rebels have at no time said they want to secede, but that they want a fair government.

As for my comparison with Ireland, it stands whether you accept it or not.
SuBSynK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crimes doing on in Syria can not all be blamed on government forces & now Uk and other special forces are on the ground all card are on the table, we are now at war with Syria...great Sad

You say i am "turning a blind eye"...
I just do not support any form of intervention in Syria including providing arms and iam surprised to see how this issue seems to have divided people.

My stance does not change no matter what country or what situation or how horrific the crime.
Intervention is wrong in my opinion, its very simple to me...
Either you think the west has a place intervening in the affairs of other countries or you do not.

Yes i feel bad for the people how can anyone not, but what has it really got to do with us and do you think sending soldiers/weapons there will make things better?

More to the point, do you really believe the western intervention is to help the Syrian people?
I think it is the kind "help" we gave to Iraq and Afghanistan.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many times do I need to say it - just because I support the rebels it does not mean I support the intervention of others.

Without the intervention of others, these people would still be fighting and everyone in their area would still be suffering collective punishment as a result.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeline: Violence in Syria
Jun 27, 2012
Reuters

Here are the main events in the uprising in Syria since it began:

March 15, 2011 - About 40 people join a protest in Old Damascus, chanting political slogans in a brief first challenge to the ruling Baath Party before dispersing into side streets.

March 18 - Security forces kill three protesters in southern Deraa, residents say. The demonstrators were demanding political freedoms and an end to corruption.

March 22 - Hundreds of people march in Deraa and Nawa demanding freedom in the fifth straight day of demonstrations.

March 24 - President Bashar al-Assad orders the formation of a committee to study scrapping the emergency law in place in Syria for the last 48 years. The emergency law is lifted on April 19.

March 25 - At least 200 people march in Damascus and there are reports of at least 23 dead around the country including, for the first time, in Damascus.

July 31 - Syrian tanks storm Hama, residents say, after a month-long siege. At least 80 people are killed.

September 15 - Syrian opposition activists announce a Syrian National Council to provide an alternative to government.

November 12 - The Arab League suspends Syria.

December 7 - Assad denies ordering troops to kill peaceful demonstrators, telling U.S. television channel ABC only a "crazy" leader kills his own people.

December 19 - Syria signs Arab League peace plan and agrees to let observers into the country to monitor the deal.

December 23 - Twin suicide bombs target two security buildings in Damascus, killing 44 people. Syria blames al Qaeda while the opposition blames the government.

February 4, 2012 - Russia and China veto a resolution in U.N. Security Council, backed by Arab League, calling for Assad to step down. The General Assembly approves a resolution on February 16 endorsing the Arab League plan calling for Assad to step aside.

February 22 - More than 80 people are killed in Homs including two foreign journalists. Hundreds of people have now been killed in daily bombardments of the city by Assad's besieging forces.

February 23 - Former U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan is appointed U.N.-Arab League envoy to Syria.

February 24 - Foreign ministers from more than 50 countries meet in Tunis for the inaugural "Friends of Syria" meeting. Russia and China, allies of Syria, do not attend.

February 28 - Assad decrees that a new constitution is in force after officials say nearly 90 percent of voters endorsed it in a February 26 referendum. Opponents and the West dismiss it as a sham.

March 1 - Syrian rebels pull out of the besieged Baba Amr district of Homs after more than three weeks of bombardment.

March 11 - Annan ends talks with Assad and leaves Syria with little sign of progress.

March 27 - Syria accepts the U.N.-sponsored peace plan.

April 12 - U.N.-backed ceasefire comes into effect. Four days later monitors start to monitor the ceasefire in Syria.

May 7 - Syria says voters turned out in large numbers for a parliamentary election. The Opposition denounces it as a sham.

May 10 - Annan condemns attacks in Damascus in which two bomb explosions kill 55 people and wound 372. A week later U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon says he believes al Qaeda was responsible. He also says 10,000 people have now been killed.

May 25 - At least 108 people are killed, including many children, in attacks in the region of Houla. Two days later the Security Council unanimously condemns the killings.

June 1 - Annan says he is "frustrated and impatient" over the continuing killings and wants faster progress.

June 3 - In a rare address to parliament, Assad condemns the "abominable" massacre in Houla, saying even monsters would not carry out such acts.

June 5 - Syria bans 17 Western diplomats in retaliation for the expulsion of Syrian envoys from their capitals. On the same day Syria agrees to allow the United Nations and international agencies to expand humanitarian operations in Syria.

June 5/6 - Troops and militiamen loyal to Assad are accused of killing at least 78 people at Mazraat al-Qubeir, near Hama.

June 6 - Assad names party stalwart Riyad Hijab to form a new government, signaling no political concessions to the 15-month-old uprising.

June 12 - The uprising has grown into a full-scale civil war U.N. peacekeeping chief Herve Ladsous says.

June 16 - Escalating violence in Syria forces U.N. observers to suspend operations.

June 22 - Syrian troops shoot down a Turkish warplane in an incident Damascus says is self-defense but which Ankara brands an "act of aggression".

June 26 - Assad says his country is "at war".

June 27 - Gunmen storm Ikhbariya television's offices, headquarters, bombing buildings and shooting dead three journalists and four guards, state media says.

For an Interactive look at Syria click on http://link.reuters.com/pyt37s

(Reporting by David Cutler, London Editorial Reference Unit; Editing by Andrew Heavens)

----------------------

The Free Syrian Army (FSA) didn't just start shooting soldiers overnight, much as they're portrayed as 'terrorists' by George Galloway and others. They took the attacks upon them for so long and then reacted. And now they're the ones labelled as terrorists? Fuck right off.
SuBSynK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

""And now they're the ones labelled as terrorists? Fuck right off.""

In what way does that list prove anything?

Sequrity forces being paid by the government cannot be terrorists, you realise this right? I assume you understand the definition of the term Terrorist?

A good comparison in this country would be Iran Arming the EDL or UKIP and the sooner you realise this the sooner you will begin to understand how illegal and crazy the west are for supporting these extremists.

---either way when the bombs are dropping in Syria and the west is busy killing its people i can feel some comfort in the fact that i did not support the murderous agenda of the west and fall for its obvious lies surrounding this situation just like many did with Araq & Afghanistan.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In what way do facts prove anything? Government thugs can't be terrorists? The Sunni people who want fairness within a democratic Syria are like the EDL?

Unbelievable. I wish you were just a troll.

Who here is supporting 'the west' attacking Syria? I'll say it one more time because it seems that you can't accept it - just because I support the people in Syria who are fighting against the Syrian government, it does NOT mean that I support foreign intervention.

By the way, a smug patronising tone is about as welcome here as Assad and his thugs. You know his thugs don't you? Here's one of them, with a lovely tattoo of Assad on his steroid dependent arm. Isn't that fucking sweet?

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's clear that the idea of Palestinians supporting the rebels in Syria is unacceptable to you, subsynk.

Any future posts which don't deal with the topic directly will be deleted. If you want to start a new topic about why you're supporting Assad's dictatorship, feel free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: