Viva Palestina convoy going through Syria
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm never comfortable with anything that comes out of the MSM, especially at times of political change. One of the two major players on the rebel side of the Libyan "uprising" had been close to the CIA for the last 20 years ...

Those "poor children" aren't, and never were Syrian. Unless they moved to Iraq before March 2003 ... The picture shows a young Iraqi child jumping over dozens of white body bags containing skeletons found in a desert south of Baghdad.

Here's a copy of a post on another forum,

"
dear ------, don't be so upset and please do not believe everything the western media transmits.

I am a proud syrian / german, live in homs and damascus, working in whole syria, and a lot of the so called reports are exaggerated. Both sites are killing each other and sometimes you can see also a lot of foreign military, of course you cant see them if they can find a camera. ATM i am in Germany and i was really shocked watching german tv - maybe they have another syria in this world ? Because in some pictures there was persian language written on the walls - excuse me, i thought we speak arabic in syria

maybe this message will make you a little bit think. And another point: Assad was legally elected, there are elections every few years. And yes, its not a fake election like in some other European states or in the US.

"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/9293620/BBC-News-uses-Iraq-photo-to-illustrate-Syrian-massacre.html

mandy put some footage of the shit that went down in Venezuela into proper context years ago here, this is the same .
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, if that's true about that picture then fair enough. The video is what is important. That was released on Friday after the massacre. If it was 'rebels' who did it, when what possible reason would the families have to *all* collude and say it was the government? The idea is just unbelievable.

The Syrian government has history of massacres - why should it be believed that they're not capable of it again?

As for Assad being "democratically elected", it's easy to win when there's no one else standing against you.

Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assad is as capable as Bush to rig polls, as capable as Bush to kill his own people to keep his agenda and stupid ambitions alive. I have no doubt about that, I just don't think that it's as black and white as the media is portraying it.

I didn't watch the video. And in all likelihood won't ..
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was other footage on the ITV news tonight. They're reporting that after Friday prayers the government started shelling the area, then attack squads of militia men went house to house murdering whoever they found.

The Syrian government deny shelling the area and are saying that it was 'hundreds of militants'.

Here's part of the report from ITN. I'm guessing this is what the person was talking about when she mentioned Persian writing. A lot of Sunni people in Syria are saying that Iran is the real cause, as Iran's Shi'ite government support Bashar's Shi'ite regime, so graffiti in Persian would make sense, and I'm guessing it's not exactly polite...

https://vimeo.com/42982726
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC World Service, World Have Your Say 60: Houla massacre - Reaction, Blame...

http://bbc.in/JpSMdQ
SuBSynK

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not think ill be tuning in for the latest bit of BBC propaganda and i doubt anyone who does not follow the BBC line will get much of a say on that program.

I used to contact the BBC about their bias reporting on a weekly basis but now i just save myself the trouble and do not watch any content created by them, just a mouth peice for the governments lies.

Unfortunatly ITV cannot be trusted either so it really is difficult to know what is really happening.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why paint yourself into a corner like that?

The BBC discussion programme was quite interesting with people supporting both sides speaking.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viva Palestina convoy refused access by Egypt
30th May 2012
Ahlul Bayt News Agency

European activists have condemned the Egyptian rejection to implement the obtained regulatory approvals in order to reach the Gaza Strip through the Sinai Peninsula. The General Coordinator of the convoy "right of return", Kevin Ovenden, stated, in a press conference held in trade unions headquarters in Amman yesterday, that the lack of clarity and the contrast in Egyptian officials' positions prevented the arrival of the convoy to Gaza through the Egyptian borders.

Ovenden said that the President of the convoy, the British MP George Galloway was in Cairo until May 15, and he left after he had got the Egyptian official approval for the passage of the convoy to the Gaza Strip through Rafah crossing, however Egypt reneged on its approvals. He added that "the participants in the convoy have spent over 3 weeks in Aqaba to get from the Egyptian authorities the permission to cross into Egypt and then to enter Gaza. Ovenden said, regarding the aid collected by the convoy, "it will be sent to Gaza through the Jordanian Hashemite Charity Organization in coordination with the Jordanian Professional Associations".

Meanwhile, the Palestinian government in Gaza has received new commitments from its Egyptian counterpart to allow Qatari fuel to enter the besieged Gaza Strip during the next few days, after contacts between the Palestinian, Qatari, and Egyptian authorities. The Palestinian foreign minister, Mahmoud Awad, said there are new Egyptian promises to facilitate the passage of Qatari fuel to the only power station in the Gaza Strip, according to Al-Arab newspaper.

The need for the Qatari fuel is increasing these days to operate the power station in Gaza and to alleviate the crisis in the electrical sector for more than four months. Awad said that the Egyptian government had told them that the full procedures required to start pumping fuel into Gaza are completed, hoping that it will reach Gaza the next few days. “In the last communications with various parties, we were told that the shipment will arrive in the coming few days,” Awad said, adding that there is no logical reason for the delay.

He called on the Egyptian authorities to press on the occupation to increase the quantity of fuel which will enter daily to Gaza in order not to drag the transport process to operate the power station to relieve the suffering of the Palestinian citizens in Gaza. The Palestinian foreign minister pointed out that Qatar has borne the full cost of storing and transporting fuel to the Gaza Strip, thanking the Qatari government and the Qatari Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani for their support for the Gaza strip and their role in transporting the fuel to Gaza.

Awad has praised the Qatari role in solving crisis in Gaza, stressing that the Palestinian people, who defend the dignity of the ummah, will never forget the Qatari position that was always behind them.

---------------

So much for Egypt's "change".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: