Why wont this die already??!!?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaya

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Why wont this die already??!!? Reply with quote

Move over, Jupiter: Angry Birds is hitting the galaxy.

Rovio, the company behind the wildly popular gaming franchise, said Friday that its next installment will be Angry Birds Space.

"One small fling for a bird. One quantum leap for birdkind," the company teased on a site dedicated to the new game. The game will launch on March 22, along with accompanying "animation, retail, and publishing" tie-ins, Rovio said on its company blog.

Two years after its launch, the Angry Birds empire shows no signs of waning. Angry Birds and its two sequels, "Rio" and "Seasons," have collectively been downloaded more than 500 million times, Rovio said recently.

"What we're building is an entertainment franchise," Rovio marketing chief Peter Vesterbacka recently told CNNMoney. "Obviously entertainment is a lot more than just games. We think that the business we're going after is significantly bigger than just games."

Mad Laughing
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboys

i hope ...
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I miss something? What is wrong with Angry Birds? I love playing. The characters are not shooting each other or stealing cars in such graphic detail that you have to look twice to decide if it is real or not, and it is a little bubble gum for the brain. I am not so sure my brain is meant to be going full blast all of the time. It is a nice down time activity.
gordonrussell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has been educational for me and being newish to this forum , I thought couchtripper forum = Lots of gamers , but from the number of replies perhaps I aSSumed wrongly .
Having been a keen amusement arcade video game player in the Late 70's and never been a computer gamer , I realised that the industry was big, but it seems that it is the Biggest media industry in the world -that is a bit Powerfully scary, such a Huge market to potentially influence, an ad-man's dream ?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what made you think it was all about games, Gordon? The arcade section has had a lot of work and features some of the best flash games available (ahem), but it's only ever been just a part of the site.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't play Angry Birds myself, I didn't know there was issue with it? My mom loves the game and enjoys it and from what I've seen it's just harmless fun.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordon, did you equate Couchtripper and Couchpotato? Easy enough to do! LOL!
gordonrussell

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw , I probably subconsciously clocked the 'GAMES' at the top of the page so many times and also vaguely remember I think face referring to games in my sporadic topic viewing previously.
Had a quick scoot to the GAMES section and it looks very comprehensive but manana.
To me, Spurs, couch = lounging =TV / video =leisure =gaming.
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"What we're building is an entertainment franchise," Rovio marketing chief Peter Vesterbacka recently told CNNMoney.

It's that sort of pretentious bollocks that got me to post. long live the pirates !!!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too, gordon, me too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: