ifile changes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: ifile changes Reply with quote

I just noticed that ifile have started running a premium option - not a bad idea, but seeing the info page at every download is annoying. The prices they're charging are quite low though - 18 euro for 6 months is pretty good considering you can import files from sites like filesonic and megaupload...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent @ifile a message asking if they could make the download screen work in smaller resolutions without having to scroll the page, and they sorted it... whatever next? Full marks to them for responding and so quickly.

Also, I used the file importer option last night to grab a whole load of content that was stored on wupload. It worked a treat. That makes the premium account worth it on its own.
luke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else finding ifile slow tonight? i'm just downloading i'm a celeb and it usually takes about 2 minutes, tonight its 20 ... i tried to upload the walking dead, and it was going to take 6 hours!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's working fine for me, but I've had random problems before - Spurs had a wee problem last week also, so it's probably just a blip.

I'm uploading the Now! show at the minute and it's going fine.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having no problems as of recent. I know a couple of weeks ago, I was going nuts with the slow downloads. I thought it was my cable company, but now I've been downloading at my fast speeds as normal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the impression for the recent changes that the tiered membership (free vs. paid) may affect bandwidth available for each download. This is similar to other hosting sites like rapidshare. Hopefully, this is not the direction they're going or there won't be much to differentiate them besides the user interface.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: