Wall St - The Occupy protests
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Occupy Bristol Attacked By EDL
19th November 2011

Tonight at around 7pm Bristol's second Occupation camp was trashed and I was threatened to have my face bit off, by a male whom I presume was a member of Bristol's EDL firm. I was handed a note by a middle aged woman reading “people of Bristol eviction notice get off our green”. It was obvious from early on who they were so I attempted to engage with them. Nevertheless, I was told they have launched a campaign against Occupy Bristol, this wasn't news to me as its been acknowledged by us for several weeks. Several Occupations around the country have had repeated problems with EDL members. However, ironically the harder the EDL try to defeat the Occupy Movement, the stronger we grow in numbers, power and support.

If trashing a few tents and issuing threats of violence is supposed to scare us into going back home, they sadly don't know the resolve, determination and outrage we share as an international movement. I've been screwed by this system of injustice and corruption since I was a kid and so long as this body of mine draws breath, I can guarantee I’ll fight with every ounce of determination and faith I can muster to bring it to an end. We don't have enough people at the moment to defend the second camp so its been temporarily disbanded. However, the actions of those who visited me tonight have made me determined without question to do what ever it takes, to inspire, promote, strengthen and spread Occupy Bristol to every corner of this city and beyond. I may be a pacifist but I promise you this, I will have justice for both myself and my family regardless of your ineffectual threats and attempts at intimidation.

Long live the Occupation.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tin blue line
Police unveil revolutionary police barrier to prevent anti-cuts demonstrators marching on the Houses of Parliament
Chris Slack
1 December 2011

After a summer of discontent that saw hundreds of rioters roam the streets of the capital, the Metropolitan Police needed to take action. And it appears that this imposing 10 foot (3m) high steel structure is their answer to the problem. The police cordon was erected at the north end of Whitehall near Trafalgar Square yesterday afternoon in an attempt to stop anti-cuts protesters heading towards Parliament.

The Metropolitan Police said the barrier of steel structure is put in place when a potential public order situation is likely to develop and they need a physical barrier to block cars and people. Yesterday officers stood behind the cordon using windows to lookout for troublemakers who had used today's public sector strikes as an excuse to protest. The barrier was used after a group of protestors stormed Panton House in Leicester Square, with some making it on to the roof and setting off flares.

The group from Occupy London - the anti-capitalist protesters camped out in the churchyard of St Paul's Cathedral - said they were 'targeting' Mick Davis, the CEO of mining company Xstrata. They began to unfurl a banner saying 'Power to the . . .' but were stopped before the building could be occupied. An Occupy London spokesman said they were aiming the demonstration at Mr Davis because he was the highest paid CEO of all the FTSE 100 companies in the last year. He said that around 20 protesters were being held inside by riot police and that a 'few hundred' were being kettled in the street outside - a number of them were holding UK Uncut placards.

Karen Lincoln, supporter of Occupy London, said: 'Mick Davis is a prime example of the greedy 1 per cent lining their own pockets while denying workers' pensions.' An Xstrata spokeswoman said: 'Xstrata confirms that a number of protesters have attempted to enter the company's offices in central London today. All executive pay is approved by the company's shareholders and is linked to company and individual performance.

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hundreds Storm Police Barricades And Retake Zuccotti Park
Justin "Filthy Liberal Scum" Rosario
December 31, 2011
addictinginfo.org

Let it never be said that Occupy Wall St. is not without a flair for the dramatic. Shortly before the ball dropped in Times Square, hundreds of protesters swarmed over the unprepared police presence at Zuccotti Park. You will recall that Bloomberg’s Army, the NYPD, forcefully removed the encampment for “safety and health” reasons and has since barricaded the entire PUBLIC park to keep any occupiers from returning.

So much for that. The police tried to hold the line with unconfirmed arrests and confirmed pepper spray to no avail. The protesters knocked the barricades down and stacked them high enough to stand above the crowd. The police have pulled back presumably since they do not have enough manpower to clear the park. And yes, the drum circle is back and so is the OWS “bat signal”.

There’s the start of your New Year 1%. The 99% haven’t gone away and they’re just getting started.

UPDATE 12:35 AM: The crowd has left Zuccotti before the police were able to rally and are currently marching on Broadway. One protester was seen carrying a piece of the metal barricade over his head.

UPDATE 12:45 AM: The police have finally mobilized. Attempting to corral the spontaneous march from the park.

UPDATE 12:50 AM: The impromptu march walked down to the WTC construction site and circled back to Zuccotti Park. There is a significant police presence. Batons are drawn and mounted police are present. No riot gear as yet.

UPDATE 1:12 AM: The motorized scooter cops are attempting to herd the protesters with predictable results. Several people knocked over. Wouldn’t I get arrested for doing that?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

American Autumn: an Occudoc
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's incredibly petty and cuntish of the Toronto council. Anyone who believes 'the law' trumps basic justice is unfit for office. As for the workers who destroyed it - I can only imagine they sold their right to being in a union and are happy to be the council's *thugs*.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: