Big Brother 2011?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Big Brother 2011? Reply with quote

Big Brother to return on Channel 5 this year in '£200million deal' with makers Endemol - with Charlie Sheen on wishlist

Channel Five is officially to announce that it is bringing Big Brother back later this year, it's being reported - with Charlie Sheen on the housemate wishlist

Negotiations have been going on between the station and makers Endemol since show aired for the last time on Channel 4 last summer - and it's thought a five-year deal has finally been hammered out with an announcement due imminently.

It would mean that Josie Gibson would not be the last ever winner of the show, which is how she's been describing herself since winning the reality competition last year.

The Guardian reports that troubled actor Sheen is to be targeted by the makers as the star turn for when they show returns to our screens later this year.

It looks like it will now start in August rather than the usual May as the negotiations became so protracted.

A formal announcement is said to be coming tomorrow revealing that Channel 5 will first run Celebrity Big Brother for four weeks in August.

That would then be followed immediately by the more traditional Big Brother for a 13-week run in September.

The station is then apparently planning for Big Brother to return to its traditional schedule – running the celebrity show in January, before reappearing with the traditional group of wannabes in May.

However, it would mean a huge concentration of nightly Big Brother programmes, which might test the interest of even the more ardent fans.

An official announcement is expected over the next day or so.

There was no reply from Channel 5's PR department when contacted by Mail Online this evening.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1373765/Big-Brother-return-Channel-5-200m-deal-Endemol--Charlie-Sheen-wishlist.html
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so happy they brought back big brother. It just never gets lame for me, but I suppose that day could come at any time. lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always knew it would come back - but I've been quite happy to live without it.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must admit, Celeb BB is one of my fave TV indulgences - would love to have it back.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMY CHILDS IS HOT FAVOURITE TO WIN CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER
Nigel Pauley
8th April 2011
The Daily Star

ESSEX babe Amy Childs is hot favourite to be first ­winner of ­Channel 5’s ­revamped Celebrity Big Brother. Bookies Paddy Power installed the 20-year-old telly beauty as early 5-1 favourite, weeks before the official line-up is unveiled. They reckon Amy, dubbed the new Jordan, is a shoo-in to be ­selected as one of the housemates for the show, due back on our screens in August.

Amy, who has a column in new! magazine, has ­already been lined up by ITV chiefs for her own Jordan-style reality show after proving a massive hit on The Only Way Is Essex. She is signed to Kate Price’s old management team and was even linked with her ex-husband Peter Andre, 38, though she has denied any romance. A spokesman for Paddy Power said: “We reckon that Amy’s the one ­everyone wants to see in the BB house.”

Paddy Power are also convinced madcap Hollywood star Charlie Sheen, 45, could be in. Channel 5 chiefs are reportedly putting together a “big money ­offer” to the sacked Two And A Half Men actor to ­appear on the new series of CBB. Paddy Power have offered odds of 5-1 on Charlie accepting, while the odds on him winning the show are 12-1. A spokesman for the bookie said: “He would definitely pull in a massive audience.”

Other celebrities in the running include WAG Abbey Clancy, 25, at 6-1, boxer Ricky Hatton, 32, at 8-1 and former Harrods boss ­Mohamed Al Fayed, 78, at 66-1. Rival bookies boylesports.com have ­offered odds on who will take over from host Davina McCall, 43, with ex-BB2 housemate Brian Dowling, 32, favourite.

----------------------

Mohamed Al Fayed?! haha, now that would be funny.
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always detested BB, but one of my bestest on-line mateys cancels all other life for this show. Having said that, I'd certainly watch it for Charley Sheen (but maybe only the edits on YouTube :p )
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen and am not even sure the idea...do they win something if they are the last left standing? Is it Real World meets Survivor?

I think it would be too sad to watch Charlie Sheen crumble into insanity. Train wreck tv is one thing when it is 18 year olds who are supposed to be making stupid mistakes, but Charlie has serious issues and getting help not tv exposure.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they could cast Sheen's "Two And A Half Men" counterpart, Jon Cryer: he needs a job! Laughing
luke

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Brother: Brian Dowling to host Channel 5 series
Former housemate to step into Davina McCall's shoes when celebrity version of reality show returns next month

Former Big Brother housemate Brian Downling will step into Davina McCall's shoes to present the celebrity edition of the rejuvenated reality show when it returns to Channel 5 next month.

Ten years after he won the second Channel 4 series of Big Brother, the affable Irish presenter will front Celebrity Big Brother, which starts in late August, and the main series of the reality TV format featuring members of the public that follows in the autumn.

Emma Willis, the presenter of last year's Big Brother's Little Brother on Channel 4, will front the new spin-off show, Big Brother's Bit on the Side.

Dowling, 33, said: "I am so excited about this opportunity to host one of the most talked about shows on TV. It is 10 years since I won Big Brother so what better way to celebrate and mark that anniversary than to be asked to host the new series.

"It's on a new channel and a fresh start for the show that has kept the nation entertained for 11 years and I am so excited to be a part of it!"

The final lineup of contestants for the show has yet to be confirmed, although Richard Desmond – the owner of Channel 5 – has been trying to woo a range of celebrities according to reports in his newspapers, the Daily Star and Daily Express.

Those tipped to appear include 1980s pop star Steve Strange, Amy Winehouse, model Abbey Clancy, retired boxer Ricky Hatton and Amy Childsfrom The Only Way Is Essex. Irish duo Jedward this week said £1m was not enough for them to appear on the show.

Jeff Ford, the Channel 5 director of programmes who bagged Big Brother after months of on/off negotiations with producer Endemol UK, said: "As The Ultimate Big Brother housemate, Brian is the perfect man to be at the helm of Big Brother's new incarnation. Emma, meanwhile, is a consummate professional – as well as being a self-confessed superfan.

"Their combined expertise and first-hand experience of the show will bring an extra dimension to Big Brother when it returns this summer."

Big Brother ended its 10-year, 11-series run on Channel 4 in September 2010.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jul/22/big-brother-brian-dowling-channel-5

i'm glad davina has gone, i started off liking her, but by the end i couldn't stand her. i'm not a great fan of brian either, but emma willis is a result Smile

they just better not have jedward on - i won't be able to watch it, unless faceless does a special edit of the series for me that cuts all traces of them out Laughing
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davina drove ya nuts at the end? How come? Laughing I liked Davina throughout, she always made me laugh. I don't like Brian. I liked him at first during the ultimate big brother (I never watched the original one he was in), but didn't like him in the end. I found him to be annoying. I'm not that sure I know who Emma Willis is, is she the one from I think it was 5 where she got into a fight with Victor? She was okay for entertainment purposes, but if that is who Emma is, she'll probably end up annoying me at the end as well. Laughing I would love if they could get Charlie Sheen on. He's starting a new show I think, but he should be desperate for money, no? lol I'll have to agree with you on Jedward as well. Those two little bastards get on my last nerve. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
luke

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lots of things annoyed me about davina, but the worst was her habit of getting louder and louder towards the end of a sentence TO MAKE IT SOUND MORE EXCITING!!!

emma willis is the one who used to do big brothers little brother

not crazy emma from fight night!

would sheen really need the money? he must be loaded, unless he spent it all on drugs and girls, and the rest just wasted Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of Brian Dowling either, but he is a real follower of the show, so at least he'll be enthusiastic about it.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the piccy Luke! I saw at lunchtime who she was. I'm glad it wasn't the other one. lol Well, let's see how Brian does. Maybe that's his new calling! lol!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thumbs
luke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celebrity Big Brother launch night details confirmed

Celebrity Big Brother will return to TV on Thursday, August 18 at 9pm on Channel 5.

The reality show, which was dropped by Channel 4 last year, will return with a star-studded lineup on its new home.

Airing for one-and-a-half hours, the launch night will feature Brian Dowling introducing a selection of famous housemates, who will be spending the next month living together in the famous Big Brother compound.

Emma Willis's all-new spinoff show Bit On The Side will follow immediately after at 10.30pm and will air for an hour.

The first highlights show will air on Friday, August 19 for one hour. After an episode of Gavin Henson's new reality series The Bachelor, the second episode of Bit On The Side will follow at 11.05pm.

OK!TV will have a 'When Bruv Takes Over' special on Channel 5 at 6.25pm on Wednesday, August 17.

Pamela Anderson, Crystal Harris, Jedward, Amy Childs, Steve Strange and Kerry Katona are among the celebrities rumoured to be taking part.

--

please please no jedward or kerry katona! i didn't know who crystal harris was, but it looks like shes a playboy model Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: