British vs American
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stones

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yum, both those breakfasts look delicious. I'm not sure about the parsley in the mushrooms, there shouldn't be anything green on a fried breakfast.

Facey, do you ever have haggis with your breakfast? We went on holiday to Scotland a few years a go and Jamie had it with his breakfast everyday.

On our honeymoon to Sri Lanka we were staying in a hotel and they didn't serve any pork so they had crazy substitutes for breakfast. Beef bacon, chicken sausages and corned mutton were some of the highlights. I was feeling a bit delicate the morning they had the mutton though so I gave it a miss but apparently it was very nice.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to mention the herbs on the mushrooms before - it's wrong, wrong, wrong! haha

I'm a big fan of haggis, but I don't like the sliced stuff. After a proper haggis meal, putting some haggis on toast in the morning is delicious.
luke

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

breakfast amateurs! parsley and mushrooms are made for each other Laughing i sometimes have just mushrooms on toast for breakfast, done in butter and a bit of garlic and parsley - plus salt and pepper of course Smile

what sort of stuff do you have in canada eefan? is there a canadian breakfast?
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really --- if you're into breakfaast (and I'm not!), there's the traditional eggs, bacon/ham and toast . Some places will put on homefries or waffles/pancakes instead. (I would guess it's derrived from the traditonal english breakfast, most likely).

I suppose that "backbacon" is somewhat traditional, but it's not as if you see it everywhere, all the time. Regular bacon is far more popular.

Maple syrup is also popular, although, I will say it's so expensive that the majority of restaurants don't serve the "real" stuff........personally, I don't care for the stuff Smile
luke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now this is a fry up! Shocked

The BIGGEST breakfast: Hungry diner becomes first person ever to polish off 7,500-calorie record-breaking feast
Morning feast weighs 3kg and took hungry customer 1hr 20min to eat

Weighing in at a whopping three kilos, it includes three sausages, three beef burgers, three fried eggs, three rashers of bacon, three slices of black pudding, three square sausages, three portions of beans and three portions of mushrooms.

But that's not all. On the side are three potato waffles, three potato scones, three hash browns, three portions of fried bread, three rounds of bread and butter and three rounds of toast.

continued at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2036776/Steven-Magee-First-eat-7-500-calorie-record-breaking-English-breakfast.html
piper99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one looks like a normal Sunday Morning fry up to us scottish.... looks small... they forgot the 3 slices haggis, 3 slices fruit pudding, 3 slice white pudding, 3 slice round sausage, 3 smokies, 3 tomatoes and 3 slice eggy bread (french toast) as well, am sure i could think of a few extra breakfast items we eat to chuck on it and make it a 10,000 calorie one...... lol Razz
luke

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a fry up in a pie!

So much for healthy eating! Hospital canteen sells 800-calorie 'heart attack pie' stuffed with bacon, sausage, black pudding, egg and beans despite calls for ban
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at how dense the pie pastry is, and how dry the meats are. What they need to do there is dip it in batter and deep fry the fucker!
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting
luke

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a new contender for the biggest breakfast ...

The monster fry-up no one can finish: Cafe serves 7,500-calorie TERMINATOR breakfast with 70 ingredients including 10 sausages, 10 bacon rashers ... and 512 grams of fat
Hundreds have tried to take on the mammoth dish and failed to finish it

WHAT GOES INTO THE TERMINATOR
10 sausages
10 rashes of bacon
10 fried eggs
10 tomatoes
10 large mushrooms
10 hash browns
5 slices of fried bread
5 slices of toast
Side of baked beans

continued at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-2844279/The-monster-fry-no-one-finish-Cafe-serves-7-500-calorie-TERMINATOR-breakfast-70-ingredients-including-ten-sausages-ten-bacon-rashers-five-slices-toast.html

no black pudding?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: