"star" spotting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: "star" spotting Reply with quote

Yesterday I saw Michael Redmond (he played the deathly boring priest in Father Ted) walking down my road. Have you spotted any minor celebrities that you'd recognise but not want to let them know you'd noticed recently?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Palance comes to our town nearly every Christmas. One of his children live here. He is usually very quiet and unassuming and keeps to himself.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I haven't seen her personally, a year or two ago, Jane Fonda stayed at the hotel next to where I work. Sometimes Sean Connery likes to golf at a course near here.

I did meet David Copperfield once in Vegas...... not the most thrilling thing, I have to say. Good show, but you could tell that he was really into himself and acted like a real "celebrity", if you know what I mean.

A nurse I worked with, used to work in Los Angles and litterally ran into to Tom Cruise on the sidewalk..... said he was very apologetic and couldn't have been nicer (and he didn't try to convert her to Scientology!! )
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hold up - this is meant to be about minor celebrities!

I want to know about how you might have met the Third-German-Soldier-On-The-Left in Where Eagles Dare or something!
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was once involved in a school play of "Peter and the Wolf" and met Johnny Morris.

Morris.....Morris-minor.....minor celebrity......geddit!!???

<ducks and runs>
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
hold up - this is meant to be about minor celebrities!

I want to know about how you might have met the Third-German-Soldier-On-The-Left in Where Eagles Dare or something!

Ah ha! Smile
Well, when I was a freshman in high school one of the guys who was an extra in one of the many "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies (he also was in one of the Ruffles have Ridges commercials) was a substitute teacher in my science class for two days.
Bat

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor celebraties I've met in my many years as a despatch rider in London-Maggie Philbin, Koo Stark, David Essex, Kieran Prenderville(?)(Tomorrow's world). And some more famous ones- Delivered cigars to Prince Charles (well, to his office), a letter to Tony Blair, a book to Sean Connery (personally signed for). And more minor ones too minor to remember.
Twirley

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stood behind Wendy Craig (70's sitcom, Butterflies) at a Heathrow airport check-in desk once.

Also saw Gordon Burns at the baggage corousels in Heathrow, too!

Are these minor enough?

Oh, and just for good measure, I walked straight past the guy who used to be in that sitcom H.A.P.P.Y. (and some doctor-son series) once, oh and just to make it interesting, Charlie Brooks (Janine- EE). That was weird, as I knew she knew I'd recognised her and could see she was thinking, "No, don't talk to me!", so I didn't. Don't know what I would have said anyway. Surprised
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
I stood behind Wendy Craig (70's sitcom, Butterflies) at a Heathrow airport check-in desk once.

Also saw Gordon Burns at the baggage corousels in Heathrow, too!

Are these minor enough?

Oh, and just for good measure, I walked straight past the guy who used to be in that sitcom H.A.P.P.Y. (and some doctor-son series) once, oh and just to make it interesting, Charlie Brooks (Janine- EE). That was weird, as I knew she knew I'd recognised her and could see she was thinking, "No, don't talk to me!", so I didn't. Don't know what I would have said anyway. Surprised

Twirley, these are some great supermarket-openingly minor celebrities - well done you! haha
Bob

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen beckham dropping off his ferrari once while at uni, campus was in egham and there's a couple posh showrooms down the road in the village...also seen anthony head in the fox and hounds pub ini egham, he's a regular, and also seen gary lineker (sp?) walking around.....and in London, seen fatsy that plays Phil Mitchel in selfridges...and i've yet to actually see, but the loony, John Travolta and Kirstie Alley both have a gaff on the island just up over in the next town...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: