Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Ally wrote:
Skylace wrote:
It really doesn't surprise me. He's a pretty good actor but in all honesty I've always found him to be scummy and a bit of an ass. After the way he treated his wife and the way he talks I wouldn't put much past him.

What did he do to his wife? I've not heard anything about that.

I always thought he had a good long lasting marriage and lots of kiddies.

He had quite a few affairs on her and was expecting her to take care of the kids full time without lifting much of a finger to help. She put her foot down before the last one was born and said basically "Stop cheating and help me with the kids or I'm leaving".

I was under the same impression Ally was that he was a happily married man with loads of kiddies and the life of Riley. I never knew he had a drinking problem and messed about, so found the story to be really surprising.

After seeing how he conducted himself, it's so obvious he's major problems, and I'm totally shocked at his hurling abuse about jews. That's actually what bothered me more than anything and next to that, calling the female police officer sugar erm really pissed me off.

I saw him on tv saying he was sorry and I really hope he means it because that was totally not on and he should feel so bloody ashamed of himself Mad
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUnny this but when I was on the way to the kitchen for another cuppa, they mentioned something about this one the TV I left on in the bedroom. I don't watch the news because why would I want to start my day off with a total bummer hanging over my head.
Mel Gibson owns Malibu ??? WTF ?????
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
I saw him on tv saying he was sorry and I really hope he means it because that was totally not on and he should feel so bloody ashamed of himself Mad

...yeah but he's an ACTOR!

Generally what is said when drunk is what is really felt. Mad
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an update from tmz. http://www.tmz.com/2006/07/31/bulletin-gibson-enters-rehab/

Bulletin: Gibson Enters Rehab
Posted Jul 31st 2006 4:12PM by TMZ Staff

Star Magazine has confirmed that Mel Gibson has entered an unnamed rehab facility for treatment for alcohol addiction.

Gibson's rep, Alan Neirob, exclusively tells Star, "He is in a program of recovery at this time."

Chris Prentiss, a neighbor of Gibson's and the co-founder of celebrity treatment centre Passages in Malibu, Calif., tells Star: "I understand he has gone to a treatment centre. The center that I've heard he's checked himself into follows the Alcoholics Anonymous 12-step program. And I don't believe that will help him."

Prentiss -- who refused to name the rehab center he's heard Gibson is in -- adds: "He needs individual intense therapy by a team of people who know what they are looking for in causes in alcoholism."
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can apologise and spend as much time in rehab as he likes, but he has a lot to answer for as far as the Anti-Defamation League is concerned. He was accused of anti-Semitism after the release of "The Passion of the Christ", so he's really sunk himself in it now. Mel's got some 'splaining to do! Mad

ADL Says Mel Gibson's Anti-Semitic Tirade Reveals His True Self; Actor's Apology 'Not Good Enough'

New York, NY, July 30, 2006 ? The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) said actor and director Mel Gibson's apology for hurling anti-Semitic invective at a police officer during his arrest for driving under the influence was "unremorseful and insufficient" and said his tirade "finally reveals his true self."

According to reports, Mr. Gibson yelled epithets at the arresting officer, asked him if he was Jewish and stated that "the Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."

In a statement yesterday, Mr. Gibson apologized for saying "despicable things" that he "does not believe to be true."

Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director, issued the following statement:

Mel Gibson's apology is unremorseful and insufficient. It's not a proper apology because it does not go to the essence of his bigotry and his anti-Semitism.

His tirade finally reveals his true self and shows that his protestations during the debate over his film "The Passion of the Christ," that he is such a tolerant, loving person, were a sham. It may well be that the bigotry has been passed from the father to the son. It is unfortunate that it took an excess of booze and an encounter with a police officer to reveal what was really in his heart and mind.

We would hope that Hollywood now would realize the bigot in their midst and that they will distance themselves from this anti-Semite.

The Anti-Defamation League, founded in 1913, is the world's leading organization fighting anti-Semitism through programs and services that counteract hatred, prejudice and bigotry.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon his appearance in the movie "Conspiracy Theory" has a lot more resonance now...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I reckon his appearance in the movie "Conspiracy Theory" has a lot more resonance now...

thumbs agree
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's The Daily Show's take on how some parts of the media have dealt with Gibson's arrest...
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Here's The Daily Show's take on how some parts of the media have dealt with Gibson's arrest...

Excellent! I love John Stewart. Nice one Face.

BTW, has anyone actually seen MG give a press announcement in person related to this, or has it all been released through his agent?

As far as I know it's the latter, which to my mind reduces the sincerity of his apologies considerably.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clip, face -- Jon Stewart is brilliant!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walt Disney has said it will proceed with distribution of a film directed by Mel Gibson, rebutting reports that it wanted to distance itself from him. It was "not true" the family-oriented corporation would sell the rights to Apocalypto after the actor's recent anti-Jewish outburst, a spokesman said.

-----------

Who'd have thought that a corporation would put profit before principle?!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being honest I think this whole thing has got right out of hand now. Everyone I'm sure has said things they don't mean or highly regretted when pissed up and I'm sure he's more than paid for his remarks already by basically being ostracized by all the hollywood losers and verbally beaten by the press and the public.

He's human just like everyone else and I think he should be cut a break and left alone to sort himself out. I don't for one second condone what he did and find it morally repugnant, but enough's enough!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your point, but do you think if anyone else who was employed by Disney was caught being a bigot publically that they wouldn't be sacked? Definitely they would I'd say.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I see your point, but do you think if anyone else who was employed by Disney was caught being a bigot publically that they wouldn't be sacked? Definitely they would I'd say.

Sure they would and I didn't direct my post at what you had to say, as I was merely giving my point of view on it as I'm sick of seeing everyone on the news talking about it.

There's far more important things happening in the world right now, and one man that may or may not be a bigot shouldn't be a huge news story as there's millions of the ignorant bastards in the world.

I'm not saying that's acceptable by any means, but you can't change them if that's how they are, and I think some are just taking this a bit too far and need to focus on more important issues in the news like the innocent people being slaughtered daily in Lebanon for instance. If they put half their energy into caring about that then maybe it could make a difference, although that's a slim possibility but still.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three years probation for the DUI....
No charges related to Speeding.... wow
No charges related to anti-semitic remarks. :enough:

He's got off lightly IMHO.
Another case of 'them and us' :grr:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5261402.stm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: