WCFN-Korea-Bul-gogi +Kimchi and Other ~~

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: WCFN-Korea-Bul-gogi +Kimchi and Other ~~ Reply with quote

Well I have to say That I have found a new fave food In Korean food ..... I promice the Recipe when i get home from work tomorrow ... and yes I did cook this ..I even bought new dishes ..by the time i get through all the countries I will not have any room in my kitchen Very Happy

Ok here comes the recipe ...sorry I was so late ....I had been talking to a friend of mine a Professor at a local college and he suggested That I try some Korean food above the Huge Asian supermarket I buy my fish at .. I did not even know the place existed.... OMG the food was to die for .... so instead of making all the side dishes I bought them there.... at a buck an item I would of been a fool not too but i will for sure try to make them in the future The Kim chi is to die for .. its a fermented cabbage Dish .... very hot and spicy but very nice ...and I was told very time consuming to make ...I def will try to make it one day ....the Soy bean sprouts are pickled in a rice wine and delish and the Korean radish is shredded and pickled also ...The ssamjang is a kinda hot paste and so tasty its a great dipping sauce .....I chose to do the meal with white sticky rice and the side dishes .....After i made the bulgogi I put it on top of grill onions and green peppers and I ate every single Morsel !!!! Smile

recipe Ingredients for Bulgogi

* 1 lb thinly sliced beef (sirloin or rib eye) easy way to cut is when meat is slightly frozen
* 5 tbsp sugar
* ½ cup soy sauce
* 2 buds finely chopped garlic (can be crushed but remove buds before serving)
* ¼ tsp salt
* 5 tbsp Mirin (sweet sake, optional)
* 2 tbsp sesame oil
* 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
* 1 cup split green onions
* 2 cups thinly sliced carrots (optional)

Cooking Directions

1. Mix all ingredients except carrots. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
2. Cook over medium high heat until meat is just short of desired completion.
3. Add carrots and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
4. Serve with rice.

just to give U an idea of a perfect grill to have at home Smile

And this great site for recipes Smile

http://www.trifood.com/food.html
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like an interesting dish!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! My hubby would love this. Even though he was brought up in Denmark, he was born and spent the first 4 years of his life in Korea, and he sure loves Korean food. We have these dishes when we go to the Korean Restaurant. My hubby is more fond of the spicy stuff than I am. I have a bland tongue. Nice one Aja! :-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pirty and finally i got the recipe up Smile
Twirley

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great Aja - I LOVE Korean food. We only have two restaurants in Charlotte and thankfully they are both within 15 mins of our house! Bulgogi is a favourite so will be having a go at your recipe! Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: