WCFN England ..Toad In The Hole

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: WCFN England ..Toad In The Hole Reply with quote

Toad In The Hole

Serves 2 to 3

2 large Eggs
4 oz (125g) all purpose flour
1/4 Pint (150ml) Milk
1/4 Pint (150ml) Cold Water
Salt & Pepper
6 Good Quality Herby Sausages of your choosing (here in USA I used Jumbo breakfast sausages )
2 tbsp Lard or Dripping or Cooking Oil*

On a low heat cook the Sausages in a frying pan on all sides until nicely browned and sticky. Do not prick the skins! Allow to cool.

Crack open the eggs into a large measuring jug and beat well. Add the milk and water together, mixing it all together really well. Set aside.

Sift the the flour into a large bowl and season with a sprinkling of salt & pepper. Make a well in the centre. Gradually whisk in the liquid mixture, whisking until you have a stiff but smooth batter with no lumps. Allow to rest for half an hour.

Pre-heat the oven to 205*C/425*F. Slip the lard or oil into a deep sided baking tin and place just this in the oven. Once it is quite hot and the fat is sizzling, quickly, but carefully, take it out and rest on the top of the hob. Pour in the Batter mixture. Then add the Sausages, parallel to each other, the length of the tin.

Place back into the oven and bake for around half an hour until the batter is puffed up, golden brown and crispy. Serve cut into squares with fluffy mashed potatoes/or Roast pots and peas or your choice of veg and a delicious gravy of your own choosing

Stones

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks so good Aja. Mine never come out like that! I don't think I heat the pan enough.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had this, but I just bought some sausages the other day so might give it a go Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: