shameless
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrwtdowns

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started watching it, awful in comparison. Seriously why can't americans just watch the British version and enjoy it. William H Macey doesnt compare to our Frank
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think if you hadn't seen the original would you enjoy it? It's always a problem when you've got something to compare it to
luke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did think that - if you hadn't seen the original maybe it'll be alright - but having seen the original and seeing the preview of the american version i too didn't like it. but the american office was alright from the few i've seen - so maybe it'll be ok ...

has anyone been watching the new uk season?

i got kinda bored of it during the last season, and don't think i even finished watching it. i did start with the new series, but about 3 shows in i kinda lost interest in it again ... is it worth persevering with?
blackie333

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The US version wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...nowhere near as good as the UK original...but not bad...
mrwtdowns

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. Have just seen US Skins, its not as bad as Shameless but its not as good as the UK Skins either lol

I do like the American office though, as well as UK
Twirley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
The American series started this week on Showtime. I've not watched it yet, but I've not seen anything from that channel that wasn't made well.

Episode 1

We've been watching the US version and I have to say it's great! It helps that I just LOVE William H. Macy who plays Frank. But, the rest of the family are such good characters, too. I wish I'd seen the UK one though. Will have to hunt it down from the beginning...maybe I can find DVDs. I realise there are a lot of series to catch up on but it would be a good weekend project while it's still cold here!!
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Twirley, I'm afraid I disagree with ya .... William H. Macy can NOT replace David Threlfall as "Frank Gallagher" - no way, not even close. But then again, I've watched "Shameless" since its first series (Series 8 is now airing, btw) and I'm a fan of the UK cast.

With that said, I continue to be a fan of the show -- it never fails to make me start laughing hysterically.

PS - Anyone see the episode in Series 7 where there's a funeral being held and Frank has difficulty in finding a loo? Brilliant!
Twirley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I managed to get the first few series of UK Shameless, and.....

I AM LOVING IT!!! It's just like where I grew up. A few more scams going on than what I experienced as a kid, but it actually makes me homesick for my home town. Hahaha...I don't say that very often!!

David Threlfall is hilarious. It's hard not to make comparisons with the US one but overall my vote is going to the UK....and I've only seen the first two series!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: