Mussels Josephine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cori

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Mussels Josephine Reply with quote

Last Sunday we went to a The Bonefishgrill restaurant, for starters this was one of the dishes, we praised the chef and requested the recipe, however he would/could only give us the ingredients. Unwilling to settle for that I managed to find some of the recipe on line, last night I made this and while it was not exact it was still rather tasty, the following recipe I have adjusted and it should taste better than my first attempt. Bon Appetit :star:

2lbs. Prince Edward or similar small Mussels
6 oz. chopped onion
4 oz. chopped garlic
6oz. diced tomatoes
large handful fresh chopped basil
3 oz. sambuca
1 1/2 sticks butter
1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley

earlier in the day or day before allow 1 stick of butter to get soft, then blend with juice of 1 large lemon, roll up in plastic wrap and refrigerate.

coat a hot skillet with approx. 4 tbs butter and melt
add the mussels to the skillet and cover, it will take appox. 2 minutes to cook, check to ensure that they are open.
next add the onions, garlic, tomatoes and basil cook approx. 1 min.
using a large ladle only remove mussels to a large serving plate or bowl, leving most of liquid in skillet
deglaze the pan with the sambuca, let the alcohol cookoff then add your stick of lemon butter, once melted pour mixture over mussels, top with parsley.

Ensure that you have lots of crusty bread for dipping
AND DIVE IN clap
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: