The Scheme
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Full shows (streaming)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the news a few minutes ago. It turns out the show got more viewers in Scotland than Eastenders did... madness!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was there anymore of these? I only watched the two.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I heard it was supposed to have been replayed with the 2 missing episodes, but no luck yet
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bummer. I was enjoying that, although I was occasionally having trouble understanding what they were saying. lol!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under pressure ... George Cairns
The Scheme - leaked by teen
By GORDON TAIT

THIS is the teenager at the centre of a massive storm after unseen episodes of hit telly show The Scheme appeared on the internet. George Cairns, 19, was served an interdict by furious BBC bosses who accuse him of illegally distributing clips from the docu-drama's last two programmes. But last night the youngster's family DENIED he was to blame - and claimed he was himself consulting a lawyer. The Court of Session papers allege George, of Kilmarnock, gave copies of the penultimate episode to locals who starred in the series - set in the town's Onthank and Knockinlaw estates. They also claim both can be viewed for a fee on a website based in the Czech Republic.

The row erupted after seven clips of the show - which has turned characters such as Marvin Baird into household names - were posted on internet sites over the past three days. The interdict states: "The respondent (Mr Cairns) is aware that the films are fairly and reasonably to be regarded as confidential. He is aware that the copies of the films in his possession are illegal and unauthorised. Any attempt to pre-empt the broadcast by the petitioners by disseminating illegal and unauthorised copies will accordingly amount to a breach of confidence." But last night George's dad James said: "I told him to go to a lawyer. We don't understand why the BBC has picked on him. They think he's been copying The Scheme. But the lawyer says it's nothing to worry about."

The interdict was granted last month after the series' production company Friel Kean Films Ltd contacted the BBC. Last night footage was removed from one website. And BBC Scotland solicitor Rosalind McInnes confirmed a probe had been launched. But a BBC insider said bosses had dreaded the final two shows being leaked online. They added: "The BBC did all they could to try to stop this from happening. The reaction the show received was overwhelming and caught chiefs by surprise. But producers will be furious."

Last month BBC bosses said they planned to air the first two episodes of The Scheme again - after they pulled in massive viewing figures - followed by the third and fourth. But forthcoming unrelated legal action against a star of the show scuppered the move. Last night Strathclyde Police said they had not been notified by the BBC in relation to any alleged crime.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they've finally sorted out the legal problems with this series and it restarts tonight... I'll add episode 1 to the first post later.
luke

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great news - this was a quality show Smile

are they starting all over from the start or where they left off?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starting again I think
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I really liked this one.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's episode 1 added, there's another tomorrow.
reject

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are these a continuation or repeats?
eta: DOH!!! must read threads better in future....

I have often thought of that lad with with the dog and 'woman' troubles.. hope he does alright ....
luke

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its the two we've seen this week, the two we haven't next week, and a 'special update programme taking place on Monday 30 May'
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kewlski beansski :-D
luke

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know whats happened in the last year, but i don't seem to be able to understand as much of what they're saying as i'm sure i did the first time i watched it - i'm having to watch it on iplayer with subtitles!

theres an episode 6 as well as 5 next week - i thought there was only 5 in total. episode 5 catches up with marvin Smile
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have subtitles? I understand about one word every sentence. It's almost like they are speaking the gaelic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Full shows (streaming) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: