Thanksgiving

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stones

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Thanksgiving Reply with quote

I'm loving watching Food Network this week - Thanksgiving food looks amazing. What exactly do you guys have? I guess it varies from person to person like Christmas dinner but what are the main components and how are they all cooked?

Oh and post pics of your dinner this year, I love looking at other peoples food!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does vary for sure. Growing up mainly in the southwest I remember a lot of people having lots of Mexican inspired and infused Thanksgiving meals, something I don't see much of here in Pittsburgh.
At ours we have the traditional turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing, but we do change things up a bit each year. We have maybe a different side (this year we're doing a green bean casserole, still pretty traditional but we haven't had it in about five years). We don't really have yams or sweet potatoes either. I'm the only one who really likes sweet potato so it's a bit silly to make that and only one person eat it.
For dessert we always make pecan pie. No one is a fan of pumpkin in my family, so we don't have one of those. However, my English husband is no fan of pecan pie either LOL so this year we are also making some coconut macaroon cookies for him to partake in. The year before we made a brownie cake. If he likes the cookies enough it may be added to the regular rotation.
I'll be sure to take pictures for you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: