Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the third series starts november 26th

Gavin and Stacey sneak peek: Can Nessa and Smithy settle their differences for baby Neil?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC accused of 'devaluing' licence fee over Gavin & Stacey DVD release
The BBC has been accused of “devaluing” the licence fee after it released the latest Gavin & Stacey series on DVD before it has finished being shown on television.
8 Dec 2009

The third series of the comedy, starring Mathew Horne and Joanna Page, is already available to buy despite only two of its six episodes having been screened on BBC One. Critics claim that licence fee payers ought to be able to watch all the entire series first because they have funded the show. The corporation has also been accused of using public money to further DVD sales revenues for its commercial arm, BBC worldwide. The claim comes after it paid to advertise the DVD during the X Factor on ITV.

Don Foster, the Liberal Democrat spokesman for culture, media and sport, told the Daily Mail: “It slightly devalues the licence fee if you discover that other who have got perhaps a bit more money can now get something before you as a licence fee payer can see something that has been produced using your money.”

A BBC Worldwide spokesman said it had scheduled the release to take advantage of the demand from Christmas shoppers to make profits which would benefit licence fee payers. Previously, DVDs of BBC productions of Pride and Prejudice and Mistresses have been released in the same way.

---------------------

It's likely that a fair amount of money will be made and as long as that money is put back into the BBC coffers, rather than just the production company, then I don't think it's that bad.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking the same thing Face. Not sure how they work it but if it's funneled back to BBC I don't see a problem.
Colston

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched it all... very very safe TV.

One nice touch. Angry Anderson is all I'll say!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is more to come
140,000 fans join Facebook campaign to bring back Gavin and Stacey
Liz Thomas
9th January 2010

Fans devastated by the end of the Gavin & Stacey era can breathe a sigh of relief. The hit BBC comedy could return to screens later this year for a Christmas special, one of the stars of the show has revealed. So viewers may yet find out what happens following the New Year's Day episode - which was billed as the last ever - where Stacey finds out she is pregnant and Smithy and Nessa seem to finally get together after he stops her wedding.

Larry Lamb, 62, who plays Gavin's father Mick Shipman, said: 'There will be a Christmas special. Clearly the audience loves it and I would be very surprised if it did not come back for a Christmas episode. Viewers will want to know what happens to them all. I would hate to see it just die.' Last night a BBC insider admitted it was keen to have one-off shows 'as a treat'.

More than 141,000 fans have joined a campaign on social networking site Twitter calling for a fourth series of the award-winning show.

----------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: