2009 - 2010 National Hockey League: Give blood, play hockey!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, I wouldn't tell too many people that one, eefan! Never know which one of your neighbors will turn you in!! Laughing
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we both finally got a win, eefan! Well done...That put us 7th in the East and a good place to be. It is good to try and stay in that top 8.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was actually a fairly good game last night and I couldn't believe it when the Leafs took the lead initially then managed to keep it up right through till the end........... I am honestly not a fairweather fan, but at some point you really do wish your team would win the odd one Laughing
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK--- they're back to their usual standards, LOW! Laughing

As my husband says, what do Christmas trees and the Leafs have in common? They're both in the basement by January Smile
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee Hee! Yep, the Lightning are back to their one point getting, OT losing ways too. We had our brief moment in the sun, I guess, although to be fair, it still is fairly early in the season. Let's see what they can do on this upcoming road trip. If the Lightning don't kill me, Spurs will certainly finish the job!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Kez, Monday night is Lightning vs Caps. We have not been playing all that great and I have been so busy with finals and papers that I don't know how you are playing. I will have to post (good or bad) after I get home from the game Monday night...
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it will be Ovechkin's return from that bogus 2-game suspension he received on November 30, 2009. What a load of crap (IMO) that was!

Anyway, it certainly has been an up-and-down season thus far. Whenever the Caps go into overtime, it kills me: where is the defense? The Caps have gone into OT 5 times this season, and lost in 4!!!

And shootouts? Going beyond overtime, the Caps have also gone into 5 shootouts: so they're at a slightly better average with 3 wins and 2 losses.

But going into OT (and beyond) TEN times already? And losing 6 out of those 10 games? WTF? Oy, my blood pressure!! crazed nervous

Razz

Whatever the outcome, I hope you enjoy the game on Monday, Spurs!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a long and downward spiraling history with OT/OT losses/shootouts this season too. I think they should do away with shoot outs and go back to the old OT rules, but no one asked me, so....

I should enjoy it, I always like heading out to the Forum to take in a little hockey. I have a paper and a final exam to turn in today, some work to do on my last paper in the library at school, then off to the game.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:
But going into OT (and beyond) TEN times already? And losing 6 out of those 10 games? WTF? Oy, my blood pressure!! crazed nervous

Razz

Laughing You aren't a true hockey fan unless the blood pressure goes up by at least 10 points during the season!
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Kezza wrote:

Razz

Laughing You aren't a true hockey fan unless the blood pressure goes up by at least 10 points during the season!

Dang, ain't that the truth, eefan! It gets even worse as the playoffs approach! But it's also the fast pace and the adrenaline-inducing plays that also make it so much fun. agree
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Kez, that round went to you and Ovechkin...we don't beat you often, but a girl can always dream. We lost to Edmonton last night and are now back down to .500. It has really been an up and down season, mostly down, but it would be good to make the playoffs as were were second worst (the only other team worse than us were the Islanders...) at the end of last season. It would be improvement and that is all I am asking for....well, this season!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more losses to Colorado and Chicago....not looking to good at the moment. I am glad they are on the road so that I can stop watching and not have to drive home! Very sad... Sad
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still doing the "happy dance" that the Capitals FINALLY beat the New Jersey Devils this season!!

But I still have to give respect to Devils goalie Martin Brodeur: that man is a seasoned vet for sure. I still remember a "Seinfeld" episode with "David Puddy, The Face-Painting Mechanic" who not only painted his face in support of the Devils, but also wore a Brodeur sweater! According to tv.com, that episode aired 11 May 1995!

Next month I'll be going to see 2 Canadian teams - Ottawa Senators and (what up, eefan!) the Toronto Maple Leafs.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We managed to beat Atlanta the other night, but I have missed two home games due to being sick. I am going tonight...we play Boston. I just found out it is going to be in the 40's tonight...great...turtleneck and Lightning scarf here I come!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well worth the cold...we beat Boston 2-1. I like it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: