So Called Opinions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: So Called Opinions Reply with quote

I was just reading THIS article about swearing on British TV and noticed this in the comments:

"In my house hold we have the "O" word when Ross is on, OFF or OVER. I find this so called person a grossly over paid pathetic, stupid, silly man. Who self deludes himself with his so called sick personalities and a group of idiot singers. If the BBC had any moral decency (thats a laugh) they would show him the door, and as for these so called guests a similar treatment.
I feel so sorry for the so called muppet audience, behaving like trained monkeys, the only thing they are not asked to do yet is rollover to scratch there stomachs.
"

So called person? So called guests? The only thing they were missing to really cap it off would have been if they'd said 'scratch there so called stomachs'...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Actors often swear, as do many journalists, City workers, doctors, princes, factory workers, professors, soldiers, jockeys, surgeons, nurses and farmers.
In other words, all kinds and all classes of people, both men and women, use words these days that their grandparents wouldn't have done. That's neither good nor bad, it's just the way language evolves over generations

So, what's the fucking problem then? Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a story about the Royal Bank of Scotland - also from 'The Daily Mail'

Quote:
Will the so called leaders of this bank pay the price or will they walk away with millions?

So-called leaders? You flaming arse!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: So Called Opinions Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I was just reading THIS article about swearing on British TV and noticed this in the comments:

"In my house hold we have the "O" word when Ross is on, OFF or OVER. I find this so called person a grossly over paid pathetic, stupid, silly man. Who self deludes himself with his so called sick personalities and a group of idiot singers. If the BBC had any moral decency (thats a laugh) they would show him the door, and as for these so called guests a similar treatment.
I feel so sorry for the so called muppet audience, behaving like trained monkeys, the only thing they are not asked to do yet is rollover to scratch there stomachs.
"

So called person? So called guests? The only thing they were missing to really cap it off would have been if they'd said 'scratch there so called stomachs'...

I find the incorrect use of the word "there" much more offensive than any swear word (with the exception of the c-word and we have had that discussion on this board before). If you are going post your opinon, at least proof read it! And correct me if I am wrong, but aren't morals a human trait? How can a company have morals or moral decency? They are in the business of making money and fuck sells. It is just a word whose original meaning has long since been forgotten and whose impact is overblown. It is just one more issue for the conservative thinkers of the world to be up in arms about.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah dammit - I'm ashamed of myself for that there 'there' which should have been 'their'!

A company is just a company of people working towards a goal, so surely the moral imperative is inherent, whether those morals are positive or not?
luke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: So Called Opinions Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
If you are going [to] post your opin[i]on, at least proof read it!

wink
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching My Cousin Vinny yesterday on regular tv, and they forgot to bleep out the word Fucking or fucker or whatever the fuck word was.....yet they bleeped out all the other words that weren't anywhere near as naughty as the fuck word. Also, my sister and I almost didn't notice, as we swear like Joe Pesci anyways.....It sounded like every day speech to us...lol!! I don't think things should be bleeped. Kids can read lips and can figure out what word is missing, so it still has the same effect. Sorry, but kids ears are not virginal, and they weren't back when I was a kid either! Kids here these words out in society and even among aunts and uncles. Unless you are brought up on a farm and locked in a closet, you probably have heard these words at birth or depending on the character of your mother.....prebirth.....lol! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: So Called Opinions Reply with quote

luke wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:
If you are going [to] post your opin[i]on, at least proof read it!

wink

OMG, I just knew that was going to happen! I read it so many times...I have an excuse..I am totally OD'd on cold meds and was running a fever... does that count?? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: