hiding IP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: hiding IP Reply with quote

Does anyone know some easy programs that my husband can use to hide his IP? Some seem quite technical. Only one so far seemed easy to use. Wondering if anyone else had/or knows of a program we can use.

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're talking about a proxy, I assume. I think that most of the decent ones make you pay.

Although, if you use Firefox I believe there's an extension or a plug-in or something that routes you through proxy servers.

Why does he want to hide his IP anyway? Is he hacking or stalking? Laughing
shillax

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a big list of free proxies without the need to fiddle with your settings.

Proxy Org

Test it here

What's My IP
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. He is on "unemployment" due to the operations he had on his hands, and since he has to log in online, he wants them to see a Danish ip when he comes to visit me while I'm in America starting the immigration process that takes a long time. It's not that he'll be staying on long visits, but they've been cracking down on those that seem to like to live in France and Spain while collecting unemployment..lol! I don't know why ;-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheCaptain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, back in the days of Arthur's Bench, one delightful (and rather corpulent) young lady successfully caused havoc anonymously by using this service: www.anonymouse.ws

It won't fake a Danish IP but it will make you untraceable.

(I only found her because she used an online insult generator that installed a trojan hahahaha)
TheCaptain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remembered, you can fake some national IP's with this one http://anonymizer.nntime.com/

I think they have danish ones sometimes, but they come and go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: