Wasabi Soy Salmon with Sesame soy noodles (Not Hot)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Wasabi Soy Salmon with Sesame soy noodles (Not Hot) Reply with quote

I made this on Saturday ....for the first time ever ......when I made the sauce for the salmon I was like *wow* its Hot ......and it was ....really really hot .......But once on the salmon and cooked on the grill..... it was one of the nicest tasting dishes I have made in a while ....and not a hint of Heat .......Just very tasty Smile Please try this one out Salmon lovers .....you'd be silly not too.......

Wasabi Soy Salmon with Sesame soy noodles

for the salmon......

4 x 6oz salmon fillets
1 tsp wasabi paste
2 tsp brown suger
1 tsp of sake ...( i used white wine )
1 tbsp of fresh lime juice
3 tbsp of shoyu (Japanese soy sauce ) (i used a kikkoman brand soba tsuyu..dipping sauce for noodles )

For the sesame soba noodle salad .....

2 tbsp of sesame seeds
9 0z of soba noodles
3 tbsp of Shoyu
1 tbsp of sesame oil

method for the soba noodle salad .....

Toast sesame seeds in a dry pan over a low heat untill nutty and lightly colored,about 5 mins set aside
Cook noodles in a large pan of boiling water untill tender but firm .....no need for salt .....about 3 mins ....drain and rinse in cold water ..and drain again.....place in a bowl ...... Add roasted sesame seeds shoyu and sesame oil
mix gently to coat noodles ...serve chilled ...I also added a chopped up scallian ...cos i cant help my self .....
put to one side to chill
and get the grill heated .......

Method for salmon .......

Combine wasabi..suger ..sake...lime and shoyu set aside 2 tsps for drizzling
( i must admit i used double the amount the recipe called for ..because it did not seem enough)
brush the fillets on both sides with the remaining mixture .....try and marinate for about 30 mins ......cook on outside grill for 3/4 mins both sides..... or inside on a ridged cast iron pan or similar for the same amount of time .....
serve hot with the soba noodle Salad and drizzle with reserved mixture

I have to say was one of the best tasting things i have cooked in Ages ......A real winner Smile

The pics do not do this recipe justice .......

eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Aja! I'd have killed for one of your meals this week Smile This looks good an I don't even like wasabi--- but I love salmon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: