Faces of Meth
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Faces of Meth Reply with quote

Saw these pictures of people who had snapshots taken either before or just in the beginning stages of being a meth head. Then they show pictures of what they look like after a couple or few years of abuse/addiction. Holy Moley!

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,3728,00.html#1_0
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who'd have thought it would be so damaging to their hairstyles?
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Who'd have thought it would be so damaging to their hairstyles?

Laughing Laughing I noticed that! LOL!! I guess because they don't find the time for that well needed shower. They have other brain...I mean fish to fry. I have learned from the pictures that abuse of Meth causes greasy hair and bad skin, so beware people!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to do a whole big training on how to identify meth addicts. I didn't find it too hard Laughing
luke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
I had to do a whole big training on how to identify meth addicts. I didn't find it too hard Laughing

doesn't looks like you'd need much training Laughing

its quite a big problem in america isn't this stuff? is this the stuff they can make out of normal shop items you can buy, or is this something different?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
Skylace wrote:

doesn't looks like you'd need much training Laughing

its quite a big problem in america isn't this stuff? is this the stuff they can make out of normal shop items you can buy, or is this something different?

Right now it is a big problem over here and for the exact reason you just mentioned. You can make it at home.
luke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, yeah i thought it was that stuff, but there seems to be so many different new drugs about now Laughing i don't think that stuff has caught on over here ... not that i know off anyway
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused now because people are saying you can make it at home. I thought you could just buy it in the shops, you don't need to make it, or am I thinking of something else.

Meth is methelated spirits, right? You can walk into any hardware store and buy a huge tub of it. You're meant to use it to remove paint and varnish from shit, but you can just pour some in a plastic bag and breathe into the bag.

Is "meth" something else in America that needs to be "made"?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meth is methamphetamine - manufactured using ethedrine (a common ingredient in cold remedies and asthma inhalers which is amphetamine based). Meths is methylated spirit...
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's methamphetamine (sp)...speed...crystal meth...all of the above. Some pretty scary stuff.
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Meth is methamphetamine. Meths is methylated spirit...

Ah, ok. Kinda like how they have Math and Sports in America, and we have Maths and Sport.

I've been doin' the wrong drugs!
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:

I've been doin' the wrong drugs!

Laughing

At my job, I work with criminals. One of them was this "old" lady. When she first came in, I made a copy of her drivers license. It was about two years old. The photo on it was model beautiful...she was in the picture drop dead gorgeous. Two years later...after two years of meth...she was hideous. She was in her late 30s and looked like she was in her 60s. Nasty skin, wrinkles, nasty hair...it was really sad to see. That it acts so fast on the body in that manner is just scary.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should show these pictures to some kids in school....that'd soon out them off even thining of trying it.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:
They should show these pictures to some kids in school....that'd soon out them off even thining of trying it.

They do. At least in the New Mexico schools where it is a big problem. My niece has seen them and I know there are programs done pretty much every year where they are showing the kids the effects of meth.
It's a serious problem, especially in New Mexico in the moment and law enforcement is really doing their best to educate the adults and children.
luke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From drugs to mugs: Shocking before and after photos show how drug addiction takes devastating toll on faces of users

These shocking before and after images reveal in stark and simple terms the cost drug addiction takes on the human face.

'From Drugs to Mugs' is the follow up to the controversial 2004 'Faces of Meth' release which highlighted the effects of methamphetamine use.

Released in the hope that they will make kids think twice about ever touching drugs the pictures show how addicts have lost teeth and scratched their skin to the bone.

Shocking before and after photos taken 10 months apart show the toll drugs have taken on the face of a methamphetamine user

The new photographs show the first arrest of a drug user partnered up with a picture taken in some cases only three months later.

They have been put together by the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office in Oregon and now include users of all hard drugs including cocaine, heroin and meth.

'Faces of Meth went round the world, it captured peoples revulsion and imagination,' said deputy Bret King, 45, who was instrumental in putting together the original Faces of Meth project in 2004.

'As I was putting together the project and touring the country trying to highlight the effects of meth on people, I had a nagging feeling that I knew I wasn't bringing the whole picture to people's attention.

'Every single person I booked and interviewed who was not just a meth addict but a heroin user or a coke-head had started on some seemingly innocent drug like alcohol or cannabis.

'Everyone experiments at college or school and I want From Drugs to Mugs to show kids that everyone in those pictures started on cannabis, they didn't just dive head first into heroin.

'So I ask the students at schools to look at these people and think about their actions, otherwise that could end up being you,' said deputy King.

From Drugs to Mugs is the follow up to the controversial 2004 Faces of Meth programme, which was also instigated by the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office in Oregon

A video made by the From Drugs to Mugs programme makers is going to be shown in high schools across the U.S. in attempt to dissuade students from trying drugs

Faced with an endemic drug problem in the north west of the U.S., the Multnomah Sheriff's Office has also produced a heart-wrenching educational documentary to aid in its fight against young people turning to drugs.

'I want to be able to illustrate the connection between that first decision to use drugs and then down the road when it's a horrible mess,' said deputy King.

Expanding their presentation, which is to be aired in high schools across America, the law enforcement officer and his team interviewed 300 adult inmates at Multnomah County's Inverness Jail.

'We estimate that out of the 2000 or so inmates here over half have tried and used hard drugs,' said King.

'The average age of those surveyed for From Drugs to Mugs claimed they tried their first drugs or alcohol at the age of 12. Out of those 300, 117 said their first drug experience was initiated by a parent, 36 said it was an older sibling or cousin, aunt, uncle or even grandparent.

'Also, 119 said their first drug experience was from a friend and one said it was their babysitter. These are stark statistics but what we wanted to show was the correlation between drug abuse and crime.

'In all we realised that 3,975 arrests could be attributed to these 300 inmates, some of which could be attributed to drugs and some not directly.

'However, drug abuse was an overriding factor in their lives and on average between those 300 they shared 13.25 arrests per inmate.'

Deputy Bret King hopes the hard-hitting campaign featuring before and after photos and also a video featuring inmate's interviews will put high school students off experimenting with drugs

The photographs of this methamphetamines user were taken three years apart, but some instances, there was a noticeable decline in as little as three months

By far the starkest images that deputy King and his team produce are the mug shots of drug users at the time of their first arrest and their resulting physical deterioration.

'I don't own a house, I don't own an apartment, I don't have a banking account, I have zero money, I don't have nothing to show from my time on earth...' said one drug user, interviewed in prison for From Drugs to Mugs.

'Drugs and alcohol has led to me having nothing today,' added the inmate.

'This is a battle for peoples hearts, their minds and ultimately their spirits,' said Agent Tyree.

'If I could put each and every kid who thought about using drugs in a room with a drug dealer, a drug addict, a judge, a prosecutor and a parent, maybe not even their own parent, they would all say the same thing, 'don't do it kid.''

'I want to be able to illustrate the connection between that first decision to use drugs and then down the road when it's a horrible mess,' said deputy Bret King

In the 48-minute video, Drug Enforcement Administration officers are interviewed about how they find and arrest drug abusers.

Deputy King added testimony from Multnomah County jail inmates who had been arrested in burglaries and other crimes that have been linked to drug use.

'We want everyone, not just high school kids to look at these pictures and to be shocked,' said deputy King.

'I'd like From Drugs to Mugs to gain the notoriety Faces of Meth did because it's a better programme. It's likely to impact the decisions of more people.

'I used to go through booking pictures and see the deterioration of these individuals and that is what shocked me into producing Faces of Meth and now From Drugs to Mugs.

'People think that drug enforcement and the battle against drugs is a bit blasé and boring but it isn't.

"Everyone should be reminded of the dangers of drugs, especially when so many casually take them.'

The photograph on the left was taken in January 2008 and the photograph on the right was taken in August 2008, showing how rapidly the drugs can take their toll

'Everyone experiments at college or school and I want From Drugs to Mugs to show kids that everyone in those pictures started on cannabis, they didn't just dive head first into heroin,' said Deputy King

Perhaps the most heart-wrenching portion of the new video is an interview with Washington County Judge Tom Kohl, whose daughter Meghan, a meth user, was murdered in 2006 at the age of 21 in connection with her drug habit.

Through teary eyes, Judge Kohl recalls Meghan's happy childhood, as well as the night when police officers arrived at his door to tell him his daughter was dead.

It is deputy King's hope that the video will show teens how easy it is to fall into drug habits.

'I miss watching the sun come up, I miss the normal stuff... I missed out on a normal life and I know that,' explained another resigned drug user from inside his prison cell.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1360586/From-drugs-mugs-shocking-photos-drug-addiction-takes-toll.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: