Polish Lager

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Polish Lager Reply with quote

£4.99 for six 500ml cans of Zywiec and I must say it's pretty good. Those pesky Eastern Europeans - they sure do brew a decent lager. Now, if only the Czech beer was as cheap here!!! cheers1
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried that beer at a Polish run theater in Brooklyn last year. Not bad at all. Is the Czech beer good too? What's that called? I'll keep an eyeball out for it. ;-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
I tried that beer at a Polish run theater in Brooklyn last year. Not bad at all. Is the Czech beer good too? What's that called? I'll keep an eyeball out for it. ;-)

OOoooooooooohhh now. There are so many Czech lagers, every town seems to have it's own brewery but, the most popular one's are Gambrinus, Velkopopovicky Kozel(I think i spelt that right) ,Pilsner Urquell ( a stronger brew) and of course the original Bud is Czech. It's called Budjeovice Budvar in Czech but I think they now call it Czechvar in US.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: