Man lives on monkey chow for less than $1 per meal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Man lives on monkey chow for less than $1 per meal Reply with quote

This man plans to eat only monkey chow for a week and keep a journal about it.

Imagine going to the grocery store only once every 6 months. Imagine paying less than a dollar per meal. Imagine never washing dishes, chopping vegetables or setting the table ever again. It sounds pretty good, doesn?t it?

But can a human subsist on a constant diet of pelletized, nutritionally complete food like puppies and monkeys do? For the good of human kind, I?m about to find out. On June 3, 2006, I began my week of eating nothing but monkey chow: "a complete and balanced diet for the nutrition of primates, including the great apes."

Maybe I?ll lose weight. Maybe I?ll gain superhuman monkey strength. Maybe I?ll go crazy. Maybe it?s too late. Check back here every day to follow along with the Monkey Chow Diaries.

http://www.angryman.ca/monkey.html

-----------------------

This doesn't sound pretty good to me, it sounds pretty damn boring! Good luck to him.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. It sounds very boring. sleep
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's so unbelievable about paying around 60p for a meal? If you're a veggie and you buy in bulk from a grain store you can do that easily. In fact, I used to live on a pretty good diet that cost me less than that.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
What's so unbelievable about paying around 60p for a meal? If you're a veggie and you buy in bulk from a grain store you can do that easily. In fact, I used to live on a pretty good diet that cost me less than that.

There's nothing unbelievable about it at all. However, there is a bit of boredom about it.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got done reading his commentary and watching his videos. I thought it was entertaining, and didn't take up a lot of time. It was a good idea, though I wouldn't have wasted a hard earned week's vacation suffering at home eating monkey chunks. Good video find! thumbs thumbs :star: Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: