They Are Chipping Our Old Folks!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: They Are Chipping Our Old Folks! Reply with quote

Assisted Living Communities Using RFID To Keep Track of Residents

Now here?s a good idea for RFID. Trading privacy for security, seniors have been wearing badges embedded with an RFID tag. The tag constantly relays the location of the residents, which gives them more freedom to walk around since caregivers know exactly where they are at all times. Since many of the people living there have Alzheimer?s or some sort of dementia, having location tracking instead of fences keeps people safe while allowing them more access.

It?s hard to be a caregiver from far away. Before, when Riedel called her mother on the phone, Kimmel couldn?t always remember what she had done that day. Now Riedel phones and checks on the computer a few times a week.

?I can track her weight,? Riedel explains. ?I can tell how much time she spent in bed. I can tell how restless she was. There?s a graph that keeps track of that.?

Interesting stuff. They could use this same type of technology to monitor children in day care centers so their parents can keep an eye on them from work. ? Jason Chen

-----------------------------
This is just the beginning! I suspect it's me next ... Confused

Never fear ... my trusty foil hat should deter them! Smile
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: They Are Chipping Our Old Folks! Reply with quote

Ally wrote:

This is just the beginning! I suspect it's me next ... Confused

Never fear ... my trusty foil hat should deter them! Smile

That only protects us from having our brainwaves read! Whatever will we do? Confused
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually chips being put in humans has been the topic on many radio shows etc for a few years now. It's alleged some governments are putting chips in people without their knowledge for many different reasons.

This is a sample of what they're already using

Examples:

Test phase began in 2001 to microchip the british army and whether they like it or not, the government will take liberty to do so.

California is now proposing to put GPS devices on all new cars to track how far people drive and tax them accordingly.

Sprint, Texas School District has adopted RFID as a way to track students' arrival and departure. Info transmitted to both the school administrators, as well as city police.

and the list goes on......
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you can get your pets chipped. But chipping people is a bit odd. It wouldn't surprise me them doing it to soldiers. And I could see benefits and draw backs too it with that. However, doing it without people's permission is disgusting no
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
I know you can get your pets chipped. But chipping people is a bit odd. It wouldn't surprise me them doing it to soldiers. And I could see benefits and draw backs too it with that. However, doing it without people's permission is disgusting no

On one radio show I listen to with Art Bell, people have been on saying they've actually had them removed. Apparently they were chipped during surgery without being asked Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: