Invites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Invites Reply with quote

After leaving it open yesterday, I've now made it necessary for all new accounts on the tracker to be verified, but because of that being another chore, I'm looking at the invitation option and think it would be the best way to get new members in the future.

While we have more than a sprinkling of quality members (ya beauty!) there's always room for more, so the basic idea would be that each member who wants them would get a few invites to give to people who they (hopefully) think would enjoy the experience here.

Any thoughts?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does sound like a good idea to me. Those of us who have a good idea that others will like it here will be able to get more of a result. I've talked to a few of mates about it here but like all things they write down the website and life takes over. If there's an invite in the mailbox they might have the reminder they need!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, that's it setup - if anyone wants some invites say here... but please bear in mind that if you invite some leeching maniac then it's not going to look good for you!
Bob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the invite system has it's pro and cons....it's good in that you generally know who your'll be getting as members, but a big con, new random people won't be able to join, and I think while the site is still small and young, could put new people off going through extra hoops...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact is - we have good members, and if others want to benefit from the work that's put in then they need to be good too.

I'd rather 100 good members than 10000 leeches!
Tallokas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as usual I'm a day late and a dollar short. I've been gone for a few days and it looks like the registration is closed. Could I have an invite please?

Please oh Please Crying
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I had to cancel the invite thing as it was giving the users stupid numerical names like "7889349843923" instead of a normal one, so that's that scrapped!

Anyone can now sign up, but it's admin approval...
Tallokas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
ok, I had to cancel the invite thing as it was giving the users stupid numerical names like "7889349843923" instead of a normal one, so that's that scrapped!

Anyone can now sign up, but it's admin approval...

Do you have a headache yet??? :grr:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: