Rich Hall

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Rich Hall Reply with quote

Simpsons Character Moe Was Based On Comedian Hall.
25th September 2007

American comedian Rich Hall was the inspiration behind The Simpsons cartoon character Moe The Barman. After suspecting the barman was based on him, Hall's hunch was confirmed by Simpsons creator Matt Groening.

He explains, "I suspected that Moe was based on me because I used to write with George Meyer back when he was one of the original writers on the show. Matt Groening was a fan of my stuff. Other people said: 'You look and sound just like Moe.' "Then Matt confirmed it. It's an honour, once you get over the shock of seeing yourself as a horrible, yellow caricature."

-----------------

This is a surprise for me and a cool one too. I've been a fan of Rich Hall for a good few years - the fishing shows he did with Mike Wilmot a couple of years back were great... two guys sitting in a boat on a Scottish loch talking shite about everything and nothing - excellent.
luke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i like rich hall, i remember him from buzzcocks - i've never seen those fishing shows, i'll have to look them out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Comedy News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: